Draco- Yule Ball

Image

(you can listen to the song if you would like)

You and Draco had a strict sex relationship nothing more, no one knew about it just the two of you. So you were super surprised when he asked to the Yule ball in potions today. He didn't ask in a grand way he just asked. You assumed it was because someone said no or canceled but you didn't mind. 

 You were talking with Luna about the ball when she asked, "So whos your date to the ball?"

"umm... It's Draco." You say hesitantly

"How peculiar, I never really see you two hang out much," Luna says with a confused look on her face.

"Well we have some projects together we are just going as friends," You say reassuring her of the odd situation.

 "Do you know what you are going to wear?" She asks nudging your shoulder a tad.

"Not in the slightest, we should go to Hogsmeade"  you offer picking up your things. Luna agrees and you both venture out of the library. We get to Hogsmeade and we go in the dress store which was pretty empty considering that the ball was in a few days. You figured everyone had already got their dresses. You and Luna enter a start scanning the dresses, you wanted to wear something simple and elegant. You had a few options and so did Luna. You both went to try them on. You tried them on and landed on the perfect dress. It was a long forest green dress with flower detailing it also fit just right. Luna picked almost a turquoise dress with pretty beading on the top. (the dresses are at the bottom) We paid and left, you don't know why but when you had bought the dress you were starting to feel nervous. Nervous about what though? Walking in heels or Draco not liking the dress?

Time skip to the night of the dance

 Your hair was up and makeup was on, you were putting on your heels when Luna knocked on your door.

"Ready y/n?" She asked walking in

"Merlin Luna you look amazing!" You say getting up and hugging her

"Thank you as do you!" She says with a wide grin. She then grabs my hand and we make our way to the stairs.

As we head down the stairs I see Draco waiting at the bottom of the stairs. He puts out his hand to help me down the last few steps. He wore a normal tux with a bow tie. He smirked when he saw you, which made you feel some relief. 

"You look beautiful y/n," He says shyly

"You look very handsome as well," you say happily. Draco intertwined your arms and walked into the great hall. Which was a Christmas heaven everywhere you looked was covered with snow and ice. Draco seemed tense almost nervous but you assumed you probably seemed the same way. We watched the tri-wizard champions dance, but once that was over everyone sort of joined in. 

"Shall we join the rest of them?" you ask trying to break some tension between the two of you.

"Sure." He says grabbing my hand and we head to the dance floor.

At first, it was sort of awkward, but as the night progressed you both loosened up and began to just dance. It was a lot of fun, just the two of you dancing, sure you guys weren't much good but it was really enjoyable. It was fun acting like teenagers just normal people, as the music staring winding down you started to slow dance. Draco put his hands on your waist and you put your arms around his neck.

"Hey, Draco can I ask you something?" You say looking into his eyes

"Um...yah I guess?" He says with a smile

"Why did you ask me to the ball?" You ask looking at your shoes.

"I just really wanted to get to know you. The only time we ever talked was when we were intimate. I always wanted to get to know you more I just never had the excuse to ask you. I don't know I just felt like we should give it a try." He says honestly

"I appreciate your honesty, I was just really surprised you are even telling me this."

"Well I did, what are your thoughts?" He says really impatiently

" I want to get to know you as well, but again I'm just really surprised you never open up. And I like that you are, so yes I definitely want to see where this goes." You say with a comforting smile.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that." He says with a grin you continue to sway to the music for a while.  You continue to talk and dance all night.

Sorry, this one wasn't my best, schools just been super overwhelming. But I still hope you enjoyed it!

Lunas Dress:

Your dress:

Your dress: