Chapter 20: Redemption

(Perspective: Asriel)

As Chara and I followed Willow into the woods, Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo stayed close behind us as well.

"Ness, I need you to stay back," I told him, "I know how I can beat her."

"I know," Ness told me, "But we're here to support you."

"Thanks," I responded. As we arrived at an open area, Willow stood still as her striped red and lavender hair flowed in the wind.

"You may have become stronger," Willow told us, "But I still have my Starman!" She snapped her fingers in attempt to summon them, but none of them showed up.

"Looks like Kumatora killed the Starman Super already," Ness smirked, "Now, it's our turn." Suddenly, Willow planted her hand into the ground and transported us to an open area that was dark with maroon colored stone on the ground. Dark purple clouds filled the sky.

"Welcome to my world," Willow told us, "Here is where you will meet your doom."

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Ness said with a grin, "Let me show you what I can do!" He summoned PK Starstorm and fired the large bullets at Willow. She ran and tried to dodge them, but couldn't avoid the last one, making her suffer severe damage. Part of the left side of her body began to dust away. She growled at us and fired a lightning bolt at Ness. Chara jumped in the way and used PSI to redirect it to the right.

"So, you think you're so clever, don't you?!" Willow shouted at us, "Pests like you must die!" She summoned her scythe and dashed forward at me. I blocked her swing with the Chaos Saber and we pushed each other back and forth in our position. Paula used the open window of opportunity to told her back with PSI Magnet. Poo then used PK Ground to hold her in place.

"Asriel, now's your chance!" Ness shouted. I nod my head and cast a barrier of wind around her, which began to carry her into the air. Slowly, I began to cast the different elements at her one at a time to surround the barrier saying these words.

By the power of Wind,

You are filled with Kindness.

By the power of Earth,

You are filled with Bravery.

By the power of Lightning,

You are filled with Justice.

By the power of Water,

You are filled with Integrity.

By the power of Ice,

You are filled with Patience.

By the power of Darkness,

You are filled with Perseverance.

By the power of Fire,

You are filled with Determination.

By the power of Light,

You are filled with Love.

Suddenly, the great evil spirit evaporated out of her. It appeared as a dark red energy that had the face of death written all over it. It then moved itself behind Willow and formed itself into a dark shadowy being. Willow fell slowly towards the ground as she began to maintain her true colors again. She looked around at us with a confused expression.

"What happened to me?" she asked, "And where am I?" Suddenly, the great power I had obtained from Henry began to disappear, turning me back to normal. My wings and horns disappeared and I reobtained my blue sweater and red scarf. The Chaos Saber began to lose its glow as well.

"Asriel," Willow began, "I'm sorry for everything that I've done. It may be too late for me to become a good person, but there's one last thing I must do to redeem myself. Give me the Chaos Saber." I slowly walked up to Willow and handed her the blade. It began to glow again.

"What are you going to do?" I asked her.

"I'm going to destroy Giygas," she told me, "Even if it comes at the cost of my life." The dark being began to walk towards her. She turned around and looked it directly in the eyes.

"You like to show me your evilness, huh?" she asked it with slight anger, "Then let me show you my Hatred towards you!" She pointed the Chaos Saber at it and then focused all of her Hatred into it.

"Divine Hatred!" she shouted as she stabbed the sword into Giygas. Suddenly, a lavender energy began to glow within Giygas's body as bits of it began to peel away along with the Chaos Saber beginning to dissolve. Eventually, the being of evil imploded, along with the sword disappearing as well. Willow started breathing heavily and fell to the ground. Particles of her body started to dissolve. I gasped and quickly ran over to her.

"Willow!" I shouted. I then knelt down and began to cry.

"Don't worry, Asriel," she told me, "You were right. I guess I could be a good person after all. Thank you for believing in me. Before I disappear, I need to warn you about something. There is someone else with my SOUL Trait. I need to watch out for them." My tears started to flow faster.

"I don't want you to die!" I told her, "You can still be a good person now. Please don't go." Willow reached her hand out and pet my cheek,

"I hope I can see you again," she told me, "Goodbye." After she said her final words, she began to dust away into lavender particles and the world around us returned to normal. Chara walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"It's going to be okay," she told me, "Let's go home." I nod my head and stood up. As we walked back into town, everything started to look normal again. The buildings looked as if they were just built and the grass felt greener than before.

"I... did it," I said to myself, "I saved everyone." I walked forward into the newly restored world.