Ch. 11 - Shizuka (The Finale)

The mid afternoon breeze blew past Shizuka, moving her bangs out of her face. If it hadn't been for the distraction at hand, maybe she would've enjoyed it. Kabuto stood stoically on the other side of the stream as he stared at the female. Judging by her initial feeling, she knew that this wasn't going to be a verbal only conversation.

"I don't go by that name anymore." Shizuka frowned as her mind sought after any and every way she could escape. She'd only ever seen Kabuto in the lab or hideout, so she wasn't sure of any of his capabilities and, frankly, she didn't want to find out. Orochimaru put a lot of trust in him as his right hand man so that was enough reason for her to be wary of him..

Adjusting his glasses, the silver haired male smirked. "Surely you didn't think you'd live as a traitor."

"No one's that foolish. I'd rather die out here than on a table in a basement." Shizuka narrowed her eyes. "I know of the experiments and those poor children; I saw the journals in that room. How can you serve someone who could perform those same actions on you one day?"

Kabuto simply stared at the female in front of him, not bothering to give her the satisfaction of a response. He would've let her keel over from her own disease, but he'd rather nip everything in the bud sooner than later. Instead, he tilted his head to his left, alluding to her to glance in that direction. Once Shizuka looked, she was ambushed by a barrage of taijutsu attacks from a male nearly two times her size. Quickly adjusting her stance, she defended most of the attacks, but took the full force of a few hits before she could back away. With each attack he did land, she felt a little more energy expended than normal, which alarmed her. Frowning as she now acquired bruises on her forearms, she immediately recognized the male as one of the shinobi Orochimaru had introduced her to - Jirobo, she believed?

"You're not answering me because you know I'm right." Shizuka kept her eyes on Jirobo, not wanting to be caught off-guard. It was clear that Kabuto was not going to involve himself in dirtying his hands right now. Covering her lower arms in mud, she began healing herself as she prepared herself to fight back.

Behind Shizuka, two other males dropped down from the trees - the ninja with six arms and the leader with two heads. Glancing at them in the corner of her eyes, her heart began to race as she could feel the adrenaline rushing throughout her body. Realization hit her and she clenched her fists. Everything was a set up from the beginning and she had fallen into the trap. Finding Orochimaru was only a distraction to get her alone.

Kidomaru was the first to lung and attack her, also going the taijutsu route. Knowing better than to try to take on six arms at once, she formed a couple hand signs and used the water from the stream to create a barrier to separate herself; it would be better to take on one person at a time.

"Let's not waste our time on trash." Sakon sneered. "We have things to do after this."

Jirobo stomped his foot, causing the ground to shake as multiple levels of earth rose at a rapid pace towards Shizuka. The female reacted with speed, creating a wall of her own earth to block the attack. Meanwhile, Sakon disappeared and reappeared in front of her, nearly landing a kick against her face, which caused the female to jump away into the trees.

"At least make the game more interesting... You're boring me with your skill level." Kidomaru grabbed Shizuka's ankle before she could make it to far and threw her back at the ground. Catching herself with her hands, she regained her stability and flipped back onto her feet. This was hard. She could barely react fast enough and they weren't letting up - as expected of Orochimaru's elite guard.

"I expected you to have more energy." Kabuto crossed his arms as he spectated.

"Honestly." Sakon rolled his eyes. "Cowards like you can at least run."