𝟣𝟣 | 𝖣𝖤𝖤𝖯𝖤𝖱

"SO

"SO...WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" Corinne asks Demon. They had been sitting in her room for the past two hours in complete silence.

"What's wrong with you?" He retorts.

"No!" She whines, sitting up turning to face him with her legs folded. "You always want me to talk about me. I wanna talk about you." She adds, making him take his eyes off the TV.

Every day during August, Corinne and Demon spent a good portion of their day together. Some days, they would watch movies or tv shows. Other days, they would take naps, eat, and just talk. The problem with the talking is that Demon didn't talk. He just listened to Corinne with no complaints. She knew basic shit like his birthday, favorite color, and whether or not he had siblings but as far as anything deeper, he never let her get that side of him.

"Tomorrow gone be three years since my friend got killed." He tells her. "Oh, I'm sorry." She immediately starts giving him her condolences. "You ain't pull the trigger. You got nothing to be sorry for." He shakes. "What was his name? Or her name." She asks. "Domenico but we called him Nico."

"Awe so that's who y'all be putting stuff on?" He nods his head slowly, closing his eyes.

Nico was an absolute comedian and before he died he had let them know multiple times that when he did, they could lie and put it in the but the boys couldn't bring themselves to do it. So if they put it on Nico, they were telling the truth.

"Do you want a hug?" She asks.

"Nah, not really." He mutters.

"Do you wanna talk about it? Maybe that'll help." She says only for her phone to start ringing. "Nah, somebody else need your attention." He tells her. "But you got it. And ain't nobody getting it but you." She says, declining Rome's FaceTime, putting her phone on Do Not Disturb.

"You gone talk?" She asks.

"It was always the four of us. Me, Meech, Five, and Nico. Like inseparable. It was me and Nico sophomore year so we knew people for real and we got invited to this senior nigga birthday. We end up sliding through." He starts. She watches him speak, occasionally humming so that he would know she was listening.

"...So we all at the party and these girls start talking to us and shit. We just kicking it but the party got shut down. So we leave with the girls and we go to the gas station. Everybody getting food and shit and this nigga keep tryna holla at the girl that was feeling Nico so Nico told his ass to get the fuck on. They pass words and shit before we all get back in the car but Nico said that he needed to get some pills too cause that nigga gave him a headache so he get out and we all get to talking to the girls. All of a sudden, we hear a whole bunch of gunshots. I counted fifteen but the coroner said he got shot seventeen times. He was gone before somebody could even call the police." He finishes.

"Did they catch the person who did it?" She asks. "Hee not around no more." He nods. He wasn't planning on telling her the full story until she asked, "He dead?"