Front Page Reactions

Chapter Seven: Front Page Reactions

by: tweety-src-clt9

Harry woke up in the crack of dawn when he heard tapping on the window. He opened his eyes and smiled at the sight that he saw. Hermione was sleeping next to him with an arm wrapped around his torso and her face snuggled on his chest. Hermione looked so peaceful as she made cute little snoring noises that made him chuckle. I could get used to this view!

Since the tapping became more insistent he slowly stood up from the bed careful not to wake Hermione. He opened the window and saw a brown barn owl with a roll of parchment and some newspaper on its leg. He took the letter and the paper and gave the owl some water. "Sorry I don't have owl treats or food with me.", he told the owl who he saw devoured the water he offered. After drinking its fill, the owl flew away and Harry closed the window and he started reading the letter.

******************

Dear Harry,

I hope you don't mind what I wrote as a special front page article for the Quibbler. I figured its best to provide another source that explains of what happened at the auction aside from the Daily Prophet.

My daddy was at the auction and he took the pictures. He narrated the events about what he saw and I offered to write the article.

I hope this helps.

Say hello to Hermione for me and congratulations on your engagement.

I'm happy the wrackspurts have finally cleared away from you.

Luna

******************

Harry then opened the paper and saw the front page. There were four pictures there. The largest picture was him carrying Hermione as he ran away from the venue. Beside it was a photo of him kneeling as he took one of the rings and slipped it on Hermione's finger. Below the two larger pictures was him standing up declaring his bid of one million galleons and beside it was a photo of Hermione standing on the stage.

******************

Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: Engaged at last!

By: Luna Lovegood

Last night at the Ministry of Magic's auction, a historic event took place that will shape the wizarding world's future and next generations.

With 20 ladies off to be auctioned with the winning bidders to get a chance to spend one week with the lady of their choice, the night was expected to be a success. Proceeds from the auction will be for the benefit of Hogwarts, war victims and incapacitated heroes, and St. Mungo's. The event gathered a total of one million and nine hundred fifty thousand galleons from the auction. While this indeed is a huge amount, the biggest shocker of the night was that the first lady to be auctioned, Hermione Jean Granger, was sold to her long time best friend, the newly instated Lord Potter-Black, Harry Potter for one million galleons after a crazy bidding war amongst the men present.

After signing off the check and giving it to the organizers, Harry Potter embraced his best friend and got on one knee as he offered her the Lady Potter and Lady Black engagement rings. The formal betrothal vows were said and Harry Potter then asked Hermione to marry him. She replied with the formal betrothal vows and then Harry Potter sealed the deal with a kiss on his lady's hand. To avoid being hogged by the press, Harry Potter carried his lady away from the venue to possibly start their one week worth of dates together.

We at the Quibbler congratulate Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. We believe that it's a love story that has been shaped from a long friendship that span more than seven years. A friendship that has finally reached its long awaited conclusion.