Barbatos x Reader 1

(au where y/n is the master of Barbatos. They've been together since they were children. Barbatos catches a cold so y/n gives him a day off and decides to be his butler for the day instead)

You look out the window at the pouring rain reminiscing on the past. You can still recall memories of the day you first met Barbatos. You were young and shyly peeked past your father's leg unsure of what to expect from the unfamiliar child. Though one thing you noticed upon his introduction, was his elegant beauty. For the first month of his stay, you found yourself distancing yourself from Barbatos. You feared you'd stutter or say the wrong things. It's already been fourteen years since. After loads of confusion about your feelings, you two are now in a committed relationship. Barbatos always seemed distant on the outside, so it was unexpected discovering he's actually quite clingy when it comes to lovers.
Your thoughts were interrupted by the piercing thunder. Barbatos was always the type of person who would put your needs before his own. He was expected to tend to the garden today but you had no idea that fool would try to do it in the rain. Although you pretended dealing with his cold was a nuisance, you were excited to be the one taking care of him for once. You search through your closet before pulling out an outfit you had already prepared for your plans. In your hands, you held a white ironed button-down shirt with a sea green ribbon at the top. It was coated with a black tuxedo with hints of the same sea green, buttons spread across the front. In the pocket held a napkin and a flower. From the bottom were black silky pants and plain dress shoes. You grabbed the purple amulet necklace from your dresser and wrapped it around your neck. You looked at the amulet smiling fondly. It was a birthday gift you received from Barbatos last year.
You walk slowly through the hallway with a cart in hand, stopping in front of a tall wooden door. You knocked three times and waited for a response.
"Come in", a familiar voice responded. You make your way inside with the food cart, "Good evening my lord", you chimed. Barbatos stares back at you in shock, "Oh? And what would all this be for?"
"You're always working so hard around the manor it's time you received some special treatment", you said with a wide grin. You take a closer glance at what Barbatos is doing at his desk. Upon closer examination, you realize he's already writing down preparations for a ball even taking place in a few weeks. You furrow your eyebrows, "You've been given a day off don't just waste it doing work". "Thank you y/n , but my illness is no excuse to discontinue my work. I just-" Barbatos was cut off by his own coughing fit. You rush over to him repeatedly asking if he's okay. You grab him by the arm and force him to get into his bed. "Oh disappointing I thought we were maybe getting in bed together" he mentions, pretending to be heartbroken as he wipes away an imaginary tear. You blush at his comment but settle on ignoring it. He eyes you up and down with a puzzled face, "What are you planning with the outfit and 'my lord' talk?"
"You're in much luck", you say as you take his fever, "For the entire day you have none other than me as your personal butler".
Barbatos smirks, "Then you must be extra careful. Butlers who misbehave are to be punished by their master." You shiver at his words, unsure if that was supposed to be a bad joke or not. You turn around to pull out the prepared snacks. You don't have much confidence in your cooking skills, but it's the thought that counts right? You unveil an arrangement of cookies to Barbatos. His smile is unwavering as he stares at the cookies. To be honest, they looked horrid. As if they came straight out the depths of Devildom.
"They look delicious y/n, but I don't have much of an appetite at the moment", he pretended to be disappointed in an attempt to spare your feelings. Your eyes drop only to light up again when you remember there's still the tea. You pick up the flower-printed teapot and make your best attempt to pour a cup, but of course, you spilled it. You let out a small yelp when the boiling tea makes contact with your hand and burns through your gloves. Barbatos gets up from the bed and hurries to you with a concerned expression. He took your hand in his and pulled the glove off your hand to reveal a slight red burn on your skin. You panicked, feeling down and so sure you ruined the plans you had for the day. "Please go back to bed! I can handle this myself", you pleaded. Barbatos let out a hefty sigh, "You've always been like this...trying to deal with everything on your own. Darling take a seat on the bed, I'll be back soon." You patiently wait on the bed, occasionally glancing around the room. He comes back a few minutes later with an ice pack in hand. He picks up your hand, looking down at it with worry. He slowly lifts your hand to his lips and gives it a gentle kiss. You can feel the butterflies in your stomach squirm around.
He brings your hand back down and presses the ice pack onto the burn, "I heard kissing injuries helps them heal faster." This man...he always knew the best ways to mess with you. Night soon came and your butler act came to an end. "I'm sorry I couldn't be a proper butler", you sighed. "It's alright y/n, I prefer caring for you anyway. The night isn't over yet...can this master make one last request?"
You trembled as his tongue explored the inside of your mouth. You didn't want to be seen as submissive, you hold his neck with your right hand and deepen the kiss. Barbatos let's out a quiet moan in response. You feel as his careful hand travels up under your shirt around your torso. You pull away from the kiss to get a breath of air only for him to pull you back into it. After such an eventful day you feel yourself growing more tired by the second. "y/n!?", Barbatos lifted himself off of you and chuckled, "Why do you always manage to tease me like this?"
The night ended with Barbatos holding tightly into you as you slept. The moon seeping through the curtains illuminated your face in the dark. He snuggled his face up to your back, "I love you y/n, thank you." Meanwhile, you slept peacefully, unknowing of the punishment your master would put you through once morning came.