Breakup

So in this kenma and Akaashi are best friends and same for kuroo and bokuto but the pairs don't know each other yet. This is also after high school so kenma and Akaashi are 20 and Kuroo and Bokuto are 21. Hope you like this it's my first ever story 😅

akaashi's pov

"I don't understand, how could you do this?!" Akaashi sobbed to his now ex-boyfriend.

"It wasn't a mistake, I'm sorry Keiji" he says as he walks out the front door leaving Akaashi a sobbing mess in the hallway.

Kenma's pov

I come running down the stairs after I hear the door close, trying to avoid the conflict. I see my best friend collapse onto the floor and poor his eyes out. I immediately crouch down to cradle him in my small arms. I've never been good at showing affection or even emotion to anyone not even my parents, but I seem to allow myself to be vulnerable around Akaashi, I feel like I don't need to hide myself from him.

"What happened Akaashi?" I asked in the most emotive tone I could

"He c-cheated on me" Akaashi stuttered in response

I felt my grip tightening around my friend as I heard those words. I bring Akaashi up onto his feet and sit him at the kitchen island and begin to make a mess in the kitchen. Akaashi does all the cooking for us he just has natural talent for it and he enjoys it a lot but I still know exactly what he needs when he's like this. I cut a slice of a rich chocolate mud cake with cookies and cream ice cream on the side and whipped cream with strawberries on top. I put that all in a bowl grab a spoon chuck it in the bowl and slid it down the white marbled counter top to Akaashi.

He takes one look at it and I see his eyes lighten up a bit as he takes a bit.

"Thank you Kenma, seriously I couldn't have asked for a better best friend" Akaashi said to me.

Akaashi's pov

Kenma really is amazing he may seem social isolated, well he is but not to me. He really does look after me and he is someone who's company doesn't actually annoy me. I continue to eat the concoction that he made for me as I replay those hurtful words in my head. It wasn't a mistake. It stings to hear that and what's worse I still couldn't believe he cheated on me. I just wanted to finish my desert and go sulk in my room.

Kenma didn't leave my side the rest of the night. We ended up playing animal crossing until we both fell asleep in my bed.

The next morning I woke up before kenma and went to take a shower in the en-suite. The warm water on my back seem to calm and wake me at the same time. I ran my hands through my hair as I began to process what had happened yesterday with a clear head. He really did break up with me, he really did cheat on me. What hurt the most was that I had been cheated on before in high school and went through a non trusting faze until I meet him and he promised he would never break it, because he "didn't want to hurt me". I felt so stupid.

I stepped out the shower and wrapped a white towel with two little cats in the corner of it, around my waist I then looked in the large square mirror and looked at my exhausted face, anyone could tell that I was totally drained with my tired eyes. It didn't faze me tho I had looked worse before going to work but everyone loved me their and all cared for me so much it felt like I had a second family, well except for my boss.

I waked back into my room only to realise that Kenma was still asleep. He's so lucky sleeping in is available to him with his line of work. He was a YouTube streamer and was rather famous especially amoung the gaming community. I walked into my walk in robe and dropped my towel. I decided on a black collar top with a red tie and black pants. I grabbed my towel of the floor and walked downstairs to the laundry and tossed it in the hamper.

I grabbed my phone keys and wallet and walked out the front door to head to work and at that moment I got a text from Suga.

Sugawara
"Hey Akaashi you will never guess what happened at work after you left yesterday"

Akaashi
"What happened Suga?"

Sugawara
"You will see when you get here"

Akaashi
"Okay?"
seen

Ahhhh so this is the first chapter I don't know if it's any good oh and bokuto and kuroo will be introduced in the next chapter so don't worry ahaha