Chapter 10.

Harlow Kane

By the time midnight had come around, there were only small amounts of people still awake; Harlow included.

For some reason she couldn't sleep, so she was currently sitting by the warm fire, lost in her own thoughts.

When Harlow was told that she could not speak to her father again, it absolutely broke her, she was excited to have the chance to communicate with him again.

Harlow sighed deeply, before she was removed from her depressing thoughts.

The girl from earlier was now sat next to her, she smiled at Harlow kindly. "Hi... I never got to introduce myself, I'm Harper." Harlow returned the smile, "it's nice to meet you Harper, I'm Harlow."

"I know... Bellamy and the rest speak really highly of you."

This made Harlow raise her brows, "what do you mean?" Harper played with her fingers "well, everyone knows you... uh... you're dating." Harlow scoffed "I'm sorry but that isn't true, that flame went out a long time ago."

Harper nodded looking down "sorry." This made Harlow sigh, "you don't have to apologise... you didn't know."

They were silent after that, Harlow looked up into the sky. "The sky is pretty, isn't it." Harlow tried to relieve the tension, Harper followed her gaze.

"It really is, but... I don't want to go up there ever again." This made Harlow chuckle "I agree... what's that?" Harlow stood up looking into the black starry sky, she had to squint her eyes tightly to notice that something was falling down to the ground.

A few other people around Harlow also noticed the object shooting towards earth, they started to panic. "I'll be right back, I'm going to get Bellamy."

She hesitantly moved her eyes away from the object, and rushed towards Bellamys tent, his flame was still on. Indicating that he was still awake.

But when she walked through the opening, the sight she saw shocked her, Bellamy had two girls at his side. All completely naked, underneath the fur cover, he looked content.

Harlows heart clenched slightly, before she pushed away the feelings.

The two girls screeched when they noticed Harlow, making Bellamy jump noticing her too "Harlow! I!-"

She put a hand up, "you need to see this, hurry up." Harlow quickly left the scene, with each step she took it was unexpectedly long and heavy.

She shouldn't be feeling this way, he left her for dead. Bellamy Blake should be dead to her.

Harlow looked up in time, just as the object crashed into the forest somewhere.

Bellamy stood next to her now fully clothed, "what was that?" Harlow shrugged "I don't know but im about to find out." He held onto her arm, "No Harlow it's dangerous, we don't know what could be out there waiting, we'll go at first light." Harlow was about to completely ignore him, before giving in, and shaking his hand off, "please don't touch me... I don't know where you've been."

With that she left Bellamy stood there speechless, as she walked off into the drop ship.

Her heart sank completely, she was feeling emotions that she never wanted to feel again. Harlow couldn't ignore the way her heart tightened, it was very painful. She hated herself for still feeling like this, after everything he did— not what he did, everything he didn't do.

It still played over her mind, just as she thought she was over him, he does stupid shit like this and her heart breaks. The first time she found him with someone, it didn't bother her— so why now? She really needs to get over him, and fast.