𝗈𝗇𝖾

I scarf down my cereal and run out the front door. It was my first day back at Karasuno high school, and I was more than excited to see my volleyball team again. I'm also thrilled to see my best friends, Nishinoya and Tanaka again.

I hop on my bike and begin speeding down the street to the school. Shortly after, I'm walking into the school's girl's volleyball gym. I go over to the team captain. Yui Michimiya. She tells me that we have five tryouts this year, but there's only a couple of spots open. She'll feel awful for turning down the other one. We decide that the first two people that get here can be on the team, fair or not.

Three of the girls show up at the same tame. I didn't want Yui to turn down any of the girls, so I offer my spot on the team.

"Are you sure?" Yui asked. I answer with a simple "yes" and walk out of the gym. I stand outside of the doors after they close. I begin tearing up. I wipe my tears and walk back to the main building with my head down. I turn the corner when I run into someone. I pick my head up and see Ayame Suzuki, my best friend from middle school. She moved away when we went into high school. We look at each other in awe, both of us starstruck. We pull each other into a big hug and stay there for about 20 seconds and then pull back. We smile as we see Yumi Abiko, our other friend from middle school, turn the same corner.

Ayame and I don't give Yumi any time to think before we run to her and pull her into a group hug. She eventually realizes who we are when we pull away for the second time. My face immediately drops when I remember what had just happened. Ayame and Yumi question why my mood suddenly changed. I explain what had just happened, and then they tell me that they were the other two signing up. Everyone's happy faces turned into sad ones.

I get an idea and tell the girls to follow me to the other volleyball gym. Both Yumi and Ayame were new, so they didn't know that there was another volleyball gym. We all begin walking over to it. When we get there we see two boys standing outside talking to each other, one with slick black hair and the other with fluffy orange hair.

"Excuse me," I begin, "Is Kiyoko in there?" I could tell that these two were first years. They immediately fix their posture and nod frantically. Ayame, Yumi, and I walk past them and knock on the gym door.

A boy with grey hair opens the door. I recognize him right away. "Hi, Suga! Can we talk to Kiyoko, please? There's something important we need to ask her." I ask. He nods and moves out of the way for us to come in.

I scan the gym for Kiyoko, and when I see her, I signal for the girls to follow me.

"Why are we in the boy's gym?" Ayame asks me. I respond, "You'll see."

"Hi, Sora! Who're the other two?" Kiyoko asks me. I tell her that they're my friends from middle school, and tell her our situation. Kiyoko says she can ask the faculty advisor, Mr. Tadeka if we can join the boy's team.

A boy with a buzzcut, who I immediately recognize as Tanaka, walks over to us and asks what's going on and who my friends are. I tell him the situation; he says it would be great to have some new players on the team.

Kiyoko agrees with him, and when Tanaka heard Kiyoko agree, he got a nosebleed and ran off. We all start laughing and leave the gym.

The next day at school, Kiyoko finds me in the hallway and tells me the good news. We can join the boy's volleyball team! I squeal quietly, then run over to Ayame and Yumi to report to them. We all jump up and down in excitement.

After school, we all change into their volleyball shirt and shorts, then run to the boy's gym.All the boys had heard that were going to be a few new people on the team, but they didn't know that we were the people. They were quite confused when a small group of girls entered the gym.

We all begin practicing and everyone was shocked by our skills. Ayame was amazing at spiking and receiving. Yumi was fantastic at serving and setting and I was tremendous at serving and receiving.

We all had a specific skill set that would make us great players. However, everyone else except Hinata had experience on a boy's volleyball team so they wouldn't be starting. It was also crucial that they used Hinata and Kageyama for the super quick attack so all three of them were on the bench. Yumi and I got put in as pinch servers and Ayame got put in as wing spiker on occasion.