Chapter 5 - Let Me Explain

Stephanie in MM

Monday Morning

Saturday night. Saturday night was the last time I've seen August.  No texts. No calls. Nothing. When we left the movies he took me home , not saying anything.  Tasha, Bria, and I are in first period sitting in the back. I'm cut out my thoughts unexpectedly.

"Steph you iight boo?" Bria asks

"Yea I'm good. Just thinkin" I say calmly

"You need to talk to him" Tasha says

I had told them what happened. Just those two I don't really trust Ashley she seems sneaky. I see the way she be lookin at other dudes. Damn shame. Ashley just recently started hanging wit Keisha and her crew. Her and Michael broke up, he found out she was cheating.

"How? He doesn't answer my calls or texts. I don't even know if he's here today" I say, starting to think back to all those texts I sent him.

"You gotta see what's u-" Bria's cut off by the door closing loudly. We all turn our heads towards the right side of the room, seeing the devil himself. August. He glances at me, quickly looking away and sitting down a couple desks away from us. We stop talking for the rest of the period, paying attention to Mrs. Green's lesson. Every once in a while I'll feel a hole burning my face. It'll be August staring at me, but every time I turn my head towards him he'll look away. I miss him so much. His kisses. His tight hugs. I just wish he would let me explain.

August

Man do I miss that girl. I keep catching myself lookin at her beautiful ass. I'm still pissed though. Why the fuck was MY GIRL kissing another nigga like she single? I found out the dude that was kissing on my girl is the same nigga who be talkin all that shit talm bout he gone take over my empire. I wanna know how he know Steph. Since she wanna play wit my feelings ima play wit hers... Just a lil bit. A nigga wasn't answering her calls or texts... I just needed time to think and lay back for a minute.

Steph

I jump up as the bell rings. It's lunch time now yass a bitch is hungry as fuck. Me and my girls are in line.  I pull out my wallet, grabbing a sweet iced tea and a bag of  hot cheetos. We pay for our food and we walk towards my table seeing the boys talking and eating. I spot August in our usual spot and see that my seat isn't taken. I was just about to sit down when this new girl sits in my seat. Tasha and Bria notice and they have that "what the fuck" look.

"Excuse you but my girl sits right there" Bria says with a slight attitude

" Nah dis her new seat" August says smirkin.

"What the fuck? You know damn well she sit here. I mean she is YOUR GIRLFRIEND " tasha says

"But earlier your told me you were single" the girl says

"I am"

After I heard that I just walked away .. silently crying.
I drove home and decided to take a nap, setting my alarm to 2:30 so I could get Ciara from school.

2 hours later...

I was woken up by my alarm clock, so I got up and locked up the house.
It was 2:45. 15 more minutes til the belll rings. I sigh as I check my phone seeing a whole lot of missed calls from Tasha and Bria. I put my phone in my pocket when I look up and see August walking out of  school with Renee. Renee Gilmore. One of the hoes of West Cannon High. She let everyone hit. She actually pretty just a hoe. As im watching them, August turns and looks directly at me. We stare at each other for a bit till they both get in his car and drive off. That's when the tears start to form. I'll get over it cause like my momma said "relationships don't last forever". But can I really ?? I have strong feelings for him.  I love him. Wait no I don't .. I think. Damn what did I get myself into ?

"Wassup Steph ??"

"Hey CiCi how was your day ?" I say as I drove off.

"Good I guess. We ain't really do nothing frfr, but I'm staying the night over Cammy's house we have a big project to so can you just take me home then drop me off ??" She asks while looking down at her phone.

4 hours later

Me Bria and Tasha are sitting in my living room eating pizza and watching  the last few minutes of Think Like a Man.

"Ard since the movies over what y'all wanna do?" I ask sitting up on my black leather couch.

"I gotta get home to my mom" Bria says walking to the door and slipping her shoes on.

"Me too"  Tasha says

"Call me later y'all" I say

I watch the girls hop into their cars. Just as I was about to walk in my room I hear the doorbell ring.

Keisha

"Mom you need any help unpacking ?"

"No I'm okay baby. Victor's gonna help me, you go head and take Jamal to your aunt's." My mom says opening a box.

"Ok I'll bring him back tomorrow morning before I go to school" I say as I pick up the baby bag

My mom had just moved to Miami so I could be closer to my son. Jamal. My  handsome son. I love him so much. I had him when I was almost 17. I don't regret it at all. When I had my baby I had to move with my aunt and start going to school again. I did once live in Atlanta but I never went to school there. School was never for me.

I put Jamal in his car seat strapping him in and hopping in the front.

"Everything okay babe??" I ask my babydaddy Que as I watch him scroll on his phone. He also recently moved out here too, so we can be a happy family again.

"Yea. Make sure you got everything cuz y'all staying wit me tonight"

Stephanie

I open the door to see August standing there.

"Hey uhh... Can we talk?" He asks while scratching behind his ear.

"About"

"Us" he says in a "duh" tone

"I thought you were single" I say smartly , shifting to my left leg with my hand on my hip.

"Come on Steph" he says

I end up letting him in and we go to my room. I watch August sit on my bed as I stand by my pink dresser waiting for him to talk.

"Look ma' I'm really sorry for earlia' I was just tryna make you jealous. It hurt me when I saw you kissing another dude considering... I have strong feelings for you and I'm willing to hear you out." He says calmly

"Before I start why did I see you wit Renee Gilmore?? Did you fuck her?" I ask

" No Steph I didn't I swear to you all I did was drive her home. She tried to give me head but I wouldn't let her. " he says looking me in my eyes.

I start to get emotional

"Calm down babeh'... How do you know dude anyway ??" August asks referring to Que

"Before I moved here Que was my boyfriend. I was starting to really like him when I found out that he cheated on me and got some hoodrat pregnant and that night at the movies when you went to get your phone I waited on you and he grabbed me and started to kiss me. I tried to push him back but he was to strong. August you were too late." I say crying on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Steph I didn't let you explain. ". He says while wiping my tears.

"August I really like you I don't want what we have to end I love you " I say looking into his eyes

" I love the way you smile. I love the way you talk when your tired. The way you try to hide your face when you blush. The way you carry your self. I love you too." He says before  kissing Me.

We kiss. We move. Our clothes dmfall off . We continue the night with pleasure and love.

I know this chapter was prob boring. Do y'all have any other P.O.V.s y'all would like to see ??

Vote AND Comment

~Jay