sixteen. | romance novel & studying

(Probably the longest title in this story lol)

I arrived home, taking my shoes off and closing and locking the front door. I made my way upstairs, opening the door to my room, dropping my backpack near my desk and going to my dresser, opening all the drawers.

What do I even wear?! I thought to myself, looking at my limited options.

I pull out a blue dress, instantly folding it back up and putting it in the back of the bottom drawer, Nope nope nope- why do I even have that?!

———

After a few minutes of deciding, I settled on a black shirt, blue flannel, ripped jeans and black socks. Shoes? I don't fucking know! Maybe some checkered vans? Or just plain black shoes?!

I check the time that was displaying on my phone's lock screen, 15 minutes left. I sigh, putting my phone in my pockets, grabbing my novel and my backpack, since I'm too lazy to take out my notebooks, walking down the stairs and putting my backpack down for a moment to decide on what shoes to wear.

I looked at my options, cringing a bit.

I should really buy some new shoes.. I thought, grabbing some black combat boots off the shoe rack, untying the laces and putting them on, then tying the laces back up.

I got up, grabbing my backpack that was littered with stupid keychains and slinging the straps over my shoulder, holding my romance novel as well.

I unlock the front door, taking the house keys with me and closing the door, locking it.

The cool breeze hit me as I was locking the door, making me shiver a bit.

Fall kind of sucks.. I thought, walking away from my home and down the sidewalk, passing by stores, restaurants, and a busy cafe.

I walk past the ice skating rink, but stopping to look at it for a bit, memories suddenly filling my head as I continue down the sidewalk.

Oh god here comes the thoughts- please this isn't the time-

Fuck it whatever..

I walk down the sidewalk, a lot of weird fantasies swirling in my head as I get closer and closer to our hangout.

I arrive at the hangout, Oh.. guess I'm early I thought, looking around before sitting down on the blanket.

———

I put my backpack near a tree that was closest to me, about to rest on some fluffy pillows until I get tackled into a hug.

"WH-" I struggle to get out of the hug and eventually gave up.

I hear laughing coming from them, still not letting go, "Did I scare you?" They say, finally letting go.

"I- Yea.." I say, grabbing one of the fluffy pillows and throwing it at them.

"Hey! I won't hesitate to turn this into a pillow fight," He said, laughing while putting his stuff down.

"Oh really?" I say, crossing my arms.

He grabbed a pillow, "Like I said, I won't hesitate," he says.

I grab another pillow, defending myself while laughing and trying to get away.

He smiles the whole time, hitting me until I hit him back at the right time.

"Now let's see who will be trying to run away," I say, smiling evilly and hitting him again with the fluffy pillow.

"Wait, no! Shuichi, uhm- maybe we can settle with uhh.. uhm-" He says, defending my hits with his pillow.

I stop, curious, "With?" I ask.

"Uhh.. umm.. well-" He stutters, trying to come up with something.

I hit him again with the pillow, earning a little scream from him. I laugh, stopping Rantaro from escaping.

I smile devilishly, "I win," I say.

He pouts, "Fine, fine. You win, but if we ever have a pillow fight again, I will win," he said, throwing his pillow at me.

"Oof- Fine, it's 2 to 0," I say, putting the pillows where they were supposed to be, going to my backpack and unzipping it, grabbing out my notebooks, zipping it back up and scooting over back to where I was.

"Well, what subject are we starting on?" He asks, letting his notebooks scatter into a pile of mess on the blanket.

"Hmm, you can decide since I don't have any trouble with school," I said, a hint of sass in my voice, smirking.

He huffed, pretending to be annoyed, "Look, I'm not smart like you, Mr. Smarty Pants," he says jokingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, but you pick the subject," I say, my notebooks neatly stacked.

"Hmm, fine. How about we start with History," he says, grabbing his history notebook from his mess pile.

I nodded, grabbing my history notebook, turning to the first page, remembering where I would litter my stupid doodles on them when I get bored in class.

———

I sigh, laying down on the fluffy pillows.

"Goddd, that was too hard, how do you even know any of this?" Rantaro asks, glancing at something.

"Umm, paying attention to school?" I say, sinking into the fluffiness of the pillows, actually about to fall asleep, but I kept myself awake.

Rantaro grabs my novel, flipping to the first page, laying down beside me.

"Hey, what if we read this until it gets dark?" He asks, scanning the page.

"Umm, sure, I guess," I said, No wonder why he said to bring it.. I thought, slightly cringing at myself.

He smiles, reading the first page.

We took turns reading, until it got really dark that only the fairy lights was providing the light.

———
900 words
Ahhshsha I'm gonna die from my own fanfic but anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! <3 take care! - Laffy