Chapter Seven

A week went by and every single day Percy ordered an asshole drink that annoying the shit out of Annabeth. 

She was sitting in AP Geography. It was like he was trying to get a rise out of her. It drove her insane. 

"For your final grade in this class," the teacher, Ms Dalrymple began, "you will be partnered up with another student. No switches. I have hand-selected them. Your project will be to study a controversial topic somewhere in the world. If you cannot stay professional while presenting, you will fail. It is due at the end of the semester." Dalrymple grabbed a piece of paper. "Okay, Katie and Travis, Amanda and Kellie, Percy and... Annabeth..."

Annabeth's jaw dropped. She didn't even hear the rest of the names. Fucking, of course, she's partnered with Percy. She looked over at him and he was smirking while drawing in his notebook. She tried to glare at him with every ounce of hatred she could create. 

"Um, Annabeth, are you okay?" Dalrymple asked. 

"Yes. Fine." 

;;;

After class, Annabeth asked her teacher to switch partners. 

"Annabeth, you know the rule. No switching."

"Can't you make just one exception?"

Dalrymple smiled innocently. "No."

Annabeth sighed and walked out of the classroom, to an especially annoying Percy waiting for her. "Hey partner," he grinned. 

"Shut up. What do you want?" she asked, crossing her arms. 

"Your number."

Annabeth scoffed. "Excuse me?" she asked with her eyebrows raised. 

"For the project. We are going to have to work outside of school to get a good grade," he pulled a sharpie out of his pocket. "Here..." He wrote his number on Annabeth's arm. "Text me and we'll figure out a good time." He winked at her and disappeared down the hallway. 

"Ugh!" Annabeth groaned. 

;;;

It was Thursday, which meant Bobby and Matthew spent their afternoon with their friend, Jacob. Silena was their older sister, who went to school with Annabeth. 

Annabeth had the day off so she went to Leo's to hang out with him and Thalia. 

Leo was talking about his date with Noah before he cut himself and said, "Speaking of dates, I heard you got partnered up with Percy. How is that going to work?"

"No idea. After class, he wrote his number on my arm. I tried switching but Dalrymple wouldn't let me."

"This conversation is lame," Thalia said. "Let's go live and play Truth or Dare."

;;;

That night was one of the rare nights she went to bed before midnight. It felt good. Thalia drove her to pick up her brothers and stayed for dinner, but something about Percy still bothered her... Well, other than the obvious.