Part Seven

"Zuko, Zuko, Zuko, Zuko, Zuko, Zuko!" Sokka babbled hyperactively, taking a seat beside Zuko in the courtyard. Zuko barely looked up, as he had gotten used to Sokka's childlike enthusiasm.

"What is it?" he asked, absentmindedly reading his book.

"Remember how I got upset last week because there were no ice skating rinks nearby?" Sokka asked, grinning.

"Errr...yes?" 

"Well..." Sokka dug around in his coat pockets, until he eventually retrieved a blue flyer from his jacket. "Behold!"

Zuko bent over and took a look at the flyer. It showed two graceful skaters twirling about the rink, with a heading at the top that read-Spirit Oasis Ice Rink Grand Opening! Join us on October 16th, 12 pm!

Zuko's eyes widened, and he actually started to get excited. He had always wanted to know how ice skate, but there were no rinks around Palace City, and it was too hot for anything to freeze over.

"So, what do you say? Care to embark on a frosty adventure?" Sokka announced with a flourish, and for some reason taking on a snooty accent. 

"I'd love to, actually! I've always wanted to know how to ice skate," Zuko exclaimed, much to Sokka's surprise.

"Seriously? You really want to? I don't have to, like, drag you or anything?" he asked incredulously.

He let out a soft chuckle. "Yes, Sokka, I mean it. You're going to invite Suki too, I presume?"

Sokka rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Actually, she's the one who found the flyer, and then I asked if I could you to come too. She also said she was going to invite another person as well, but she hasn't told me who they are yet. I suppose we'll find out eventually, right?"

"Err...yes, I suppose so," Zuko replied, nervous. He shouldn't be too worried about the mystery guest. As long as it wasn't Jet.

.....................

"Alright, so I scored the tickets, now I all I have to do is invite everyone to the event! It's going to be so much fun, don't you think so?" Suki exclaimed excitedly, slamming the tickets on the lunchroom table.

"Yeah, it's going to be great, but just tell us who you're inviting already! It's been getting my detective nose twitching." Sokka wiggled his nose.

"Pffft, I didn't know you had one. You couldn't tell the difference between water and coffee yesterday," Zuko snorted. 

"Hey, all cups look the same to me! Suki, tell him I'm a detec-" 

"Wait, hold up a second guys." Suki suddenly stood up and waved enthusiastically at a passerby, and Sokka and Zuko turned around to see who it was. Yue was strolling right past them, arm in arm with a boy that looked about her age.

Yue perked up and grinned at her as she strolled up to the pair. "Hi, Suki! How are you?"

Suki grinned broadly in return. "I've been doing fantastic, actually! I...uh...kind of wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"I found this flyer for an ice rink nearby, and the three of us-" Suki gestured to the trio. "-were going to head over there. I just wanted to know if you would like to join us."

Yue perked up, and smiled cheerfully. "I would love t-" Suddenly, the boy she had been talking to grabbed her hand and starting talking for her.

"Sorry, she's busy that day," he responded, donning a confident smirk.