Chapter 17

Black-owned business of the day:
K'DARA CBD

K'dara is an Organic Cannabis Brand. We have an array of pharmaceutical-grade CBD products that range from tinctures, oils, edibles, and a pet line. We believe in the value of investing in your health and wellness through natural remedies.

Website: www.kdara.com

———————————————-

"Did you expect us to come here?"

I stood there speechless. I expected him to take me on a dinner date or to a movie but, he completely surprised me. I didn't know he had it in him.

"Soooo, do you like it?"

"I love it!"

I said as I started hugged him tightly. He took me to an indoor pool that had a retro look to it. The main color scheme was pink, lavender, black, and white.

This place is only meant for rich kids from ages two to eleven

This place is only meant for rich kids from ages two to eleven. He had to lie when he was making the reservations saying that he was a parent trying to bring his kids.

This reminds me of the times my parents would lie so we can eat got free. Cassidy and I were three-year-old twins for five years.

Dominic was ten and I was eleven. When we showed up the people could tell we were lying about our age. No ten year old has a mustache and no eleven-year-old wears a thirty-inch wig.

I mean, nowadays they do. I see eleven-year-olds wearing 613 blonde wigs and hoop earrings the size of my head. What happened to the awkward phase where we all wore silly bands? They skipped right past that.

As we got situated by the water, the waiter kept giving us weird stares. He almost fell into the water looking at us. Has this man never seen two adults pretending to be kids before? How pathetic.

"Can I help you guys?"

"Yes, I would like some water"

"Are you sure you don't want a beer? You look old enough to go to the club"

They've been trying to get us to admit that we're teenagers for a hot minute now. They can't kick us out because we're not confirming or denying their claims. I looked on their website and it's against their policy to ask those types of questions.

Turns out they had a lawsuit filed against them since they claimed a kid was too 'obese' to be eight.

"Water is fine. And the lady would like a bottle of apple juice." Dominic gave him a smile and went back to his phone.

We've been trying to go to the water slide forever now but this girl was hogging it. She would slide down then crawl back up the slide and go again.

I had to remind myself that she was just a child and this place is meant for her.

As the man set our water in front of us, he handed us the menu. Lobster tail, shrimp, steak, you name it and it was on the menu. These rich kids are living the good life.