Chapter 11

PRINCESS ADHIYA'S POV

What does he thinks of himself?
I mean how much arrogance does one person carry with themself. I think he gave a good idea I should just runaway and live normal life like I always dreamed of.

I was thinking of what should I do next, when a maid came and informed me that King Vikram wanted to meet me. Oof!! Now what?

Ok so now I am basically preparing myself for meeting King Vikram 🤴 by just standing in front of his study for last 5 minutes.
Here goes nothing let's just face it!

"Come in" came the aristocratic voice of King Vikram.

I entered his study (place where he spends most of his time other than the court).

"You asked for me, your majesty." I said with no emotion.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you." He said but his voice was not as same as it was few minutes ago it was more of like that of a father (which of course he never had been to me)

"Alone...I mean today there is no one with you, you are always surrounded by your ministers.
Remember last time when I wanted to talk to you alone you said I can speak in front of your ministers and there is no need for talking alone to you as it will waste your precious time. And I don't think so that you would like to waste your time over a person like me who has no importance in your life." I stated right back holding back so many emotions.

"I wanted to have father to daughter talk." He said calmly not affected by any of my harsh words.

"Father daughter talk with me...?"

 ok now I am confused. What in the world is going on? Is he even in his right state of mind? I asked myself.

"Do you think I have one more daughter other than you?" He said in an amused tone.

"No, I mean King Vikram it just that you never have been a father to me, it just that you were King to me." I plainly pointed out the truth.

"I know I am not the best father but what I did was for your best." He said slowly like he was also accepting the big gap between us.

"How can be your cold and distant behavior with your own daughter be best for her? How can your behavior justify for the fact this whole place feel like a cage to me?"

"I wanted to make you strong enough to stand up for yourself. So that emotions don't have place in your heart, so that you won't feel vulnerable by anyone's opinion whether you can be a ruler or not." He said all this in a go. Making it all feel so surreal like I was living a dream.

 It can't be all real right?

"Who are you...what did you do with King Vikram tell me or you will face worse of me." I said in a fighting stance.

"Listen young lady I am your father and see you have become strong like I wanted you to be.

Did you have ever thought why don't you have any sibling? Because I wanted to train you like a warrior not a princess but if you had a younger brother than people would have objected your training. People don't want a princess to rule their kingdom but they don't have any choice. "

Ok that was a lot to digest I mean I wanted to believe what King Vikram had told me but years of pain has made me cold. But still there were many things that still doesn't make sense.

"Ohk...if it's true then why did you organized my wedding with any suitable person to be the ruler if I was trained to be a ruler?"

"I knew you would ask that but I also know that no one in this kingdom was suitable enough to marry you. I would have arranged a series of such hard competitions based on compatibility with you that chances were no one would pass them. And if anyone did he would be a competent person suitable to marry you. Thus making you both rulers."

"So, what about King jai, you agreed to get me married without even asking me?" I asked the most important question considering my situation right now.

_______________________

See you soon!!