Shopping troubles [Agere!Virgil & Janus/CG!Others]

Request from Cross1237

I hope it's ok, I don't really know how to write mean Karen. 😅

------------------------------

'Ok everything is fine. There's nothing to worry about.'

'Oh who am I kidding. We're screwed.' Virgil sighed as he makes his way through the crowds of people.

It was probably a bad idea to split off from the others when both of them were edging towards their little headspace all day. But good thing is they had set a meeting spot beforehand when one of them got lost or separated. Now, all they have to do is go there and wait for the others. It didn't help the fact that his phone was dead and Janus left his at home.

And now here they were, walking through crowds of people, trying to get to safety. Janus was already half in his headspace, considering how he's clinging onto Virgil but the other would never admit it. Virgil isn't doing that good either. Being in a crowd, lost and fighting off his regression, is sending his anxiety through the roof.

They were walking for a bit now, until they saw an ice cream store.

"Ice cream!" Janus exclaimed before running off towards it.

"No, Jan! Wait!" 'Oh shit.' Virgil quickly ran after the other.

Janus didn't pay much attention to where he was going and accidentally ran into someone. That immediately snapped him out of his headspace.

"Oh, I'm so so sorry." He got up and offer his hand for the lady to grab. But she swatted his hand away and stood up with a huff.

She glared at him angrily which makes Janus rubs his hands together awkwardly.

"I'm so so sorry, ma'am. I-"

"How could you not watch where you're going !?"

"I-"

"Now, look at me. You knocked my drink all over me and ruin my shirt." She yelled at him angrily, gaining some attention from a few passerby.

Janus gulped. This was bad. "I could buy you another drink and um pay you for the damage I'd caused."

By then, Virgil had already arrive and was standing protectively beside Janus. Judging from what Janus had said and the spilled drink on the floor, it was easy to put two and two together.

"Do you know how much this cost ?" She gestured at her ruined shirt.

"Um n..no, ma'am." Janus was stuttering and shaking at this point.

"It costs a lot which I doubt someone like you can afford." She said as she harshly jab at the other.

This was when Virgil stood between them. Janus quickly hid behind Virgil, forcing himself not to cry.

"Ok, ma'am, I know that you're mad but we can solve this. He really didn't mean to run into you." Virgil tried to keep his voice level. He has to protect Janus, he has to be a good big brother.

"How can we solve this !? Are you willing to pay for my ruined shirt and the medical bills from my fall!" She was basically screaming at this point.

This earns quite a few stares from a few passerby. People were starting to crowd around them. Some shown sympathy for the two, while some shown annoyance. There were some people who were getting their phones out to film it. Virgil hated being the center of attention, everything was becoming too much. He couldn't tell if he was going to have a panic attack or regress or maybe both.

"You freaks ruin my day!" Virgil flinched at that and he could swore he heard a whimper from Janus.

He couldn't do this anymore. He wants Pat, Lo, Ro, Ree, he wants his caregivers. He doesn't want to be brave anymore. He wants....

"What is happening here ?"

Virgil snapped his head up to look at the source of the voice. He then saw the others pushing their way through the crowd. Patton stood in front of them. He never saw Patton ever this angry before, he was always hard to anger but messing with his babies was a surefire way to make his blood boil.

"Stormcloud ?" Virgil looks up to see Logan talking to him.

"Hey, is ok now. Can you go to Remus and let Pat and I handle this ?" Virgil nodded and slowly make his way towards Remus.

Logan hoped that Remus will be distracted by Virgil to prevent him from bashing anyone's head in.

"Hey, little stormcloud." Remus gently hug the other.

"Scary...." Virgil whimpered.

"I know baby but you did really good. You protected Janey."

Virgil glanced over at Roman who was trying to calm down a crying Janus.

"I good big brother ?"

"The best."

They stood there hugging for awhile until Virgil calmed down. The crowd was slowly dissipating and it seems like Patton and Logan were able to handle the situation.

"Wanna go home." Virgil whined. He was exhausted and just wanted this day to end.

"I think it is best for us to head home." Everyone mutter their agreements.

"I sowwy. Didn't mean to." Janus whimpered and sniffled.

"Is not your fault, baby. It was just an accident." Patton comforted Janus, not wanting him to feel bad for running into a jerk.

"Come on, that's enough excitement for one day." Roman said as he picks Janus up and carries him. Patton held Virgil's hand as they walk towards their car.

This definitely wasn't how they thought their shopping trip would end but at least they got some ice cream so maybe it wasn't that bad.