November 2 through 4

I only had the idea to update this here today, because I'm a horrible person and I've nearly completely abandoned Wattpad, with a move and an entire life restructuring that began last Christmas and had finally settled enough for me to restart my author dreams.

Recap of my year I two sentences is, " I left home with my s/o, returned to a place I'd thought never to live again, got confidence, confirmation and validation of myself. I'd not change it for anything."

So to day one. I rumbled out 2k words because I was starting a day late and I'm a homebody in extreme. It was between three pm and six, intertwined with dinner making, dishwashing and nearly constant distractions from a certain someone who very much thinks it's funny to sneak affection from me when I'm focused on something else. He calls it "free fun." And apparently I will hug/ stop being focused and talk to him for about five minutes and the refocus, which means he resets the cycle. 🙄😂

Day two I slammed out nearly 1500 words before the sun rose completely. I KNOW IT WAS AMAZING!
I rather lackadaisically pulled around 800 out that evening, taking my success that morning as reason to give my hands a break, because I haven't said this yet, but I'm thumbing all these words out on my phone. Wrist cramps suck booty, everybody. They should be the one thing we should never, ever get.

Day three I got up, dressed and out the door before six to vote with my love, as he has an hour and a half drive to work in the morning, and we couldn't do it later.
I came back home, and had around 1200 words by seven thirty am.
I completely missed my second sprint that evening, as I was hyper focused on the polls and stayed up til all hours.
Day four, catch-up.
Day five:
I'll hit 10k words on my #NaNoWriMo project today, and I'm proud of that. It's hot garbage 😂, but the fact I'm five days into thirty with a 50k deadline and I'm slaying my personal dragon of crippling real time self editing is just wild to me. This isn't the most I've written, far from it, but it shows a clear way forward past November for me.  I have been making my 2k words a day quite easily, often going over at around 1200 words each sprint, and even with missing an entire evening session day before yesterday, I have made up that count... Easily.

So going forward, I think I'll be spending as much time as it requires to get 1k out in the morning, and finagle the second thousand out between cooking dinner and letting the dogs play.