PROLOGUE

The place around her had no light, except for the little moonlight splitting through the thick trees. She couldn't see a single thing around her but could definitely feel the pain in her feet and her abdomen. She knew very well the reason behind it and cursed herself for listening to him. She regretted not following her brain and trusting her heart instead. But she was not in a position to think about all that now. She had to run, run to save her life.

All other things could wait.

She tried to push her legs forward and continued to run despite the throbbing ache in both her feet and the unbearable pain in her lower abdomen. She could only pray to God that it was just strain due to running for the past half an hour and that nothing was wrong with her baby. 

"Oh God," She cried in anguish when she couldn't stand on her feet anymore. She leaned against a tree trunk and slowly brought herself to sit on the forest floor. The long black dress along with the thin cardigan couldn't prevent the cold from seeping in.

She hoped against the odds that those men weren't following her anymore and she could live to see her baby in this world. She couldn't help herself anymore and sob into her hands. Her whole body shook. Not because of the cold but due to her silent cries. How badly she regretted the choices she had made. She tightly closed her eyes and put her head against the tree. 

Emerald prayed, begged any divine power present around to send her savior, her love, her protector, her Aiden. She folded both her hands and a tired whisper left her mouth, "Please God" just before there was an echo of her name in the dark forest.

Please vote!