Chapter 1

Aiden Rogers was a big name in the steel and shipping business. He was next in the line of becoming CEO of their family business Carolus Steel and Shipping Industries. Their main business was the procurement of the raw materials for the production of steel and then trading them off. As they already had the steel, they later turned it into shipping and started producing ships and selling them to other countries and also lease them for import and export of various goods like oil, chemicals, cotton, machines et cetera.

Aiden was the oldest son of Mike Rogers and the grandson of Charles Rogers, the one who had established the steel industry which was later branched out to shipping by his son. Aiden being the oldest had started to learn about the business from a very young age. Mike although being a very busy man was a loving husband to his wife Isabella Rogers and their children. Aiden was twenty-nine years old, and then came his other son Alex Rogers who was 27 years old, and then finally the light of his eyes, the joy of their home, Erina who was actually a surprise baby in the Rogers family. She was still a baby in all their eyes as she was turning nineteen in a few months.

Aiden was on way to Carolus Steel and Shipping Industries Headquarters with his driver. He was in a video conference with the Manager of the Shipping Business in Norway.

"Sir, I understand the matter at stake, and also the other company's head has been warned about the repercussions. They know very well what will happen if they don't abide by our rules. Not only on the professional level but they will be suffering on the personal level as well." Fredrik Hansen answered visibly proud of his work.

Aiden listened throughout, only studying Fredrik's body language. The guy didn't look nervous. His voice was confident with a hint of pride in it. Aiden nodded his head. "Very well Mr. Hanson. I care only about the final contract you will draw and it should only be in the favor of Carolus."  

He disconnected the call and leaned his head back. He felt tired; he hadn't slept well in the past three days. There were so many deals waiting up in line, so many final supervisions needed, the back-to-back meetings. Their business was global because of which he had to be awake at any point of time at night to attend those meetings. But this was his life and he wouldn't change it for anything.

After a while, they reached the office where he was met by his personal assistant, Daniel Collins. "Sir, we have a lunch meeting with VP Shipping  in approximately 20 hours at the Hotel Infinity as you wanted." Daniel finished in a go. A little mistake on his part and he would be losing the job that paid well than any other company.

"Good work Collins," Aiden spoke in a few words but knowing his boss, Daniel knew that it meant much more appreciation than he could ever get from him. They reached the private elevator which carried them to the 11th floor. This floor held the private working space for the CEO, which was currently occupied by his father Mike.

 "Soon" he muttered to himself. 

Soon this floor would be his as on his father's 55th birthday, which was in a few weeks, Aiden would be declared as the new CEO of the Carolus.

He entered the code at the door which was only known by Aiden, Mike, and Mike's assistant. Daniel would get to know the code only after Aiden became the new CEO.

"Welcome son" Mike got up from his chair with a big smile on his face. "How are you this morning?" he asked in concern as his eyes took in the tired form of his son.

"I am good Dad," Aiden replied in somewhat a gentle voice after he returned the hug and went to sit opposite the table made up of the African Blackwood, one of the rarest and most expensive types of wood which was acquired by his grandfather Charles. He was always in awe of this great wood, the capability of changing logs into such a fine piece of artistic table.

Mike smiled when he saw that similar awe in his son's eye after seeing the table. It never got old. He had been fascinated by this table since he was just a two-year-old baby. Mike had come to visit his father Charles and he had brought along Aiden as that day he was too much in love with his father and wanted to be just with him. He had tried to make him stay with his mother, his wife, Isabella, but Aiden wouldn't stop crying. The reason though must have been the infant, his second son, Alex. Aiden hadn't liked his brother. He had felt that his dearest mother was giving all the attention to the new baby. So he had brought Aiden with him to the office and since then Aiden had fallen in love with the table.

Aiden brought his attention back to his father. "I talked with Hansen in Norway about the deal with the Norwegian Shipping. They will have no option but to adhere to our rules." Mike nodded his head. He knew that his son was capable of doing any business deal. He had proved that multiple times, in the past. Aiden continued, "I have a meeting with VP Shipping, where we will be discussing the partnership prospects. The pros and cons but like you wanted we will talk about the pros." Soon he leaned forward, his elbows on the table as his eyes narrowed towards his father.

"Why do you want to have a partnership with VP, Dad? We are the leading company in the Steel business around the world. This partnership would bring no difference to us. Only the stock price of  VP would rise. This venture would only be like doing massive help to them. They will be riding fame and money on our boat."

Mike understood his irritation and he knew very well that his son was not someone to lose his cool at any simple issue. "I know what you mean Aiden. I understand your agitation quite well. But sometimes it's necessary to see a scenario from a different angle. As you very well said that this partnership will be more beneficial for VP as we have much more successful companies lined up which would give us an immediately profitable deal. But sometimes looking for immediate profits may deprive us of chances of getting something more if we wait for a while and just see. "Aiden knew his father was not only respected because of his great mind in business but also because of his wisdom. So he listened carefully and nodded his head.

"You see Aiden,  VP is desperate right now. They want a partnership with any steel company which would help their business which is on the verge of sinking. If we don't partner with them then they might do the same with our rivals which will threaten our global market share if not lower it. Viktor being a close friend is also one of the major reasons he wanted to have a partnership with us. Even if it does nothing significant for our profits, it will definitely help with our global presence and if Carolus Steel does well, then our Shipping Industry will do better as well."

Aiden sighed as he got up and called his driver to ready the car as they would be leaving for Russia immediately. He didn't want to delay the project from his side.

He also had his own mission and was glad that the timing coincided so well. With a smirk on his face and a race in his heart, Aiden boarded the private plane.

*******

Aiden felt glad to get off the plane after being suspended in the air for around 11 hours. The airport wasn't that busy or this section for private flights probably was relatively less used. His body craved a soft mattress to just lie on and sleep away from the exhaustion. But before that, he needed a strong cup of coffee to sustain him during the ride.

As he exited the shop he felt something collide with him or rather his knees and the "thing" was a toddler who hid behind his knees. This made the coffee to spill over a little girl who was sat on a chair nearby. The girl with a dark red sweater, he was able to notice, hurriedly got off and to his surprise didn't even bother to scold or acknowledge the culprit who spilled coffee on her. She made a dash for the washroom area.

He turned around to see if the kid was hurt but not much to his surprise; she wasn't even there. Aiden let out a sigh and walked towards the exit where a car would be waiting for him.

As he was about to get in the car, his eyes caught the girl in the red. The same girl on whom he had spilled his coffee. And she wasn't any girl but a woman albeit a young one. She stood on the sidewalk and from the way she was shivering said that she had not enough knowledge about the cold in this country. Her head moved left and right, she was maybe waiting for someone to pick her up. Aiden prayed for her sake that whoever was supposed to do that would come soon as it wasn't safe for the girl or anyone to be out and about in this weather. It made him a little concerned but then it wasn't any of his business so he shrugged and got inside his car, in a warm environment.

Please Vote!