Chapter 6: Loegress

Help me come up with a name for Diana's old master!

-

The next morning, the group arrived in Port Taliesin. Eizen and Diana on the other hand didn't mention anything about what had happened the night before. The female malak knew that Eizen was still angry over what her old master did to her but she knew he really cared about her. Diana blushed at the times Eizen took care of her after the incident in the Fighal Icecaps a few days ago, the earth malak would use his free time to check on her until she recovered.

Eizen got off the Van Eltia with the rest of the group in tow. Diana stretched as they finally got to mainland after days on sea, the port was as bustiling as ever since the last time the malak was at this port.

"Now this is refreshing! Sailing into port like normal people." Rokurou said.

"Well done, boy. The sharks are gonna go hungry tonight." Magilou said to the boy malak, it was her way of giving him a compliment.

"Yes, I'm glad." Laphicet nodded.

"This won't be a problem? Docking a pirate ship here?" Velvet asked as a man came forward the ship to Eizen and Diana.

"So, how were the northern seas, Eizen?" asked the older man who seems to be the owner of the port and obviously knew the blond malak.

"Hellawes and Vortigern are in ruins. Trade with Northgand will likely be disrupted for quite some time." Eizen replied.

"Well, I like the sound of that. I'll have to act quickly."

"Any word of the captain?" the pirate malak asked.

"Aye. It's an old rumor, but they say Captain Aifread was sent to Titania."

"The island prison overseen by the exorcists, eh? We'll have to look into that."

"The Island Prison isn't easy to escape from." Diana explained, confused. "Especially considering that exorcists are in control of it."

"I registered your vessel as one of our merchantmen, same as always. But even so, stay on guard. There's a grand ceremony being held in Loegres, lots of watchful eyes about." The man said as he looked at the girl. "Considering that the lady here is the witch of your crew has been rumored across the land, she's quite the beauty." Diana blushed in embarrassment at the sentence and looked away with her hands on her face.

"We'll be on the lookout." Eizen answered and the man left.

"He flirted with me, didn't he?" Diana mumbled.

"Probably. Be careful, alright." Eizen said with a smile. Diana peeked between her fingers at the first mate before taking them away and smiled.

"Don't bother going to Titania. You won't find Aifread there." Velvet said seeing the pirate malakhim approaching them.

"And how do you know that?" Eizen asked.

"Because I escaped from there. And before I did, I heard something from the prisoners. They said Aifread was the only prisoner to ever get out alive...And that he was taken by an old exorcist named Melchior." Velvet explained to the two.

"Lord Melchior is an elder legate of the Abbey. He should always be present at the headquarters." the boy malak gave his thought, information anyone from the exorcist institution would know.

"Don't call him Lord." Velvet scolded him.

"Van Aifread's our captain. It's starting to look like his disappearance has connections with the highest levels of the Abbey." Eizen pointed out.

"You've told me about his disappearance." Diana said confused. "Once we're done here, then I'll do a divination just in case."

"Their headquarters should be in the capital, right?" the witch asked.

"Yes, at the royal Villa in Loegres. I've never been there, though." Laphicet said.

"And Velvet, your business is with a man in the capital, right?" Rokurou asked.

"Looks like we're all headed to the same place." Eizen said.