Chapter 1 - What In The Fish Legs?!

Tap, tap, tap I hear as I slowly open my eyes. A sharp pain shooting through my hand while I look around. The only things I see in the night are trees with a gate in the middle and dim yellowish lights. It looks beautiful but I was slightly nervous. I snapped out of my daze when I heard a soft snap then I stood up walking towards the gate.

"Should I really go this way?" "What am I doing here?" I ask myself these questions while I yank open the gate and walk in. I am hit with shock as I look at what is in front of me. "What really is this place?"

The house has a huge overgrown garden with vines running up the house. So many windows too I think to myself. I see a small lake off to the side with..what looks like a shed? I slowly walk towards the house doors growing nervous. I do not know why but something tells me I should go in.

I open the door while feeling strangely calm. "Why is it not locked?" I am soon walking down the long hall of rooms when I suddenly freeze seeing a girl in the middle of the dim hall. Her body is soaked with her moldy green hair and light blue dress that's tattered. She slowly walks towards me but it feels like she is moving fast.

She suddenly grabs my hand as the water from her hair drips onto it. I get a closer look at her green eyes and pale skin with soft weird looking patches. I realize and slowly look down at my hand now seeing a huge gash. I realize now that has been trailing blood through the house. I hear a soft whisper in and look up her back facing me. "Follow me," she says pulling me along.

"So you know where we are? Why are you soaked? What is you name?" I couldn't trust her could I? Then it hit me- I do not know my name either..how have I forgotten. "So many questions with so little answers.." she speaks again her voice a bit sharper.

She suddenly stops and I realize we are upstairs in front of two big doors. She pushes them open and I gasp in awe. The room is beautiful a big ball room with many windows, some broken with so many flowers growing inside of the room. The way the moonlight hits the chandelier is incredible. She leads me to a table shoving me into a chair getting started on stitching my hand.

"Do you live here?" I ask watching her with the needle. Something..strange is going on. She didn't clean my hand either- "You could say that," she answers interrupting my thoughts her voice change again sounding somewhat muffled. She finally finished walking up to the window with a pause now turned to face me.

"I can just-" She says before leaning back out of the broken window disappearing down. My eyes widen and I quickly run to the window. I was about to look down when she floats up, me and her face to face. I slowly back away from her and shriek "what in the fish legs?!"

-------------------------------------------
Hello, I am 🐸. This is the finish to the first chapter of my story.

Word count: 584 words

I hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think?

Update schedule may beeee twice a day?

🐸 Byeeee tadpoles 🐸
---------------------