Chapter 1

Hope rolled out of bed feeling nauseous as ever, at first she thought it was because family weekend was starting the next day meaning her family was arriving tomorrow morning and she was nervous about Landon meeting them as well as the weekend going off without a hitch. So she decided to head down to the kitchen and get herself some hot ginger water to settle her nausea. As she headed out of her bedroom and down to the kitchen the halls were quiet so she wasn't going to bump into anyone, once she got to the kitchen she started to cut up the ginger and boil the water when someone walked into the kitchen and Hope turned around to see who it was

"Josie, what are you doing up so early?"

"I came to get some water, what are you doing in here so early?"

"I was feeling nauseous so I came to make some ginger water."

"You feeling nauseous again? That's everyday for almost 2 weeks and don't tell me its because it's family weekend tomorrow because and I know that anxiety can't cause almost 2 weeks of nausea. Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

With that suggestion Hope dropped the knife she was holding onto the floor, now that she thought about it she could be pregnant the last time her and Landon had sex was like 3 weeks ago and her anxiety was never so bad that is caused two weeks of nausea. Hope looked at the knife on the floor then to Josie with tears in her eyes, Josie immediately knowing the look sat Hope down on a stool while she finished making Hope's ginger water.

"We'll finish making your water and cleaning up then we will head to mine and Lizzie's room to do the test."

Just as Josie finished her sentence Lizzie walked into the kitchen

"What test are we doing in our room?"

Josie looked to Hope and Hope nodded at her as a sign that Josie could tell her

"We think Hope's pregnant" Josie said putting the knife and chopping board away as Hope sipped her ginger water. Hope got down off the stool and the three of them headed to the twins' room whispering to each other on the way

"Why were you up Lizzie?" Hope asked

"I couldn't sleep and I heard Josie leave our room and when she didn't come back I got worried so I went to look for her."

Hope nodded and the rest of the walk was silent when they arrived at the bedroom Lizzie motioned for Hope to wait their while she went to her draw and pulled out a pregnancy test and handed it to Hope.

"Why do you have pregnancy tests in your draw?"

"You can never be too careful, now give me the water and go into the bathroom." She said taking the mug out of Hope's hands, Hope nodded and headed into the bathroom while Josie and Lizzie sat on Lizzie's bed.

2 minutes later Hope came out of the bathroom and placed the test on the cabinet and went to sit on the bed in between the twins and they were silent for what seemed like an eternity when it was only around five minutes,

"I think we should look now" Josie whispered and Hope took a deep breath before the three of them stood up and headed towards the the cabinet where the test was laying. When they looked at the test Hope immediately put a hand over her mouth to cover her sobs and collapsed onto the floor and Lizzie and Josie immediately got on the floor and hugged her as tight as they could.

After about 20 minutes of crying Hope had calmed down and was now sat silently in between the twins who were looking at her and each other with concern.

"Are you going to tell Landon?" Lizzie whispered

Hope shook her head "no and I'm not telling anyone else either, not even my parents."

"Why?" Josie asked

"Because most pregnancies don't last past the twelve weeks and given my life and it's events I don't think this baby will survive. Plus I was all my families enemies targets when I was still in my mother's womb so if the world finds out another Mikaelson is on the way never mind part phoenix, I will be putting all of you, my family and the school in danger and I'm not going to do that. I'm also not going to give Landon and my family hope at being a family when it could be taken away from them."

"Hope, it's your choice whether you want to tell them but if you pass the twelve week mark then you have to tell them, do we have a deal?"

"Hold on Jo, Hope I agree with Josie but at least tell our mom so that if something does go wrong we have an adult to help us."

Hope look at Lizzie and Josie and just nodded her head and sighed,

"Fine only your mom finds out, nobody else."

The twins nodded and Hope went to sit on the bed

"Do you want to tell her now or later?" Lizzie asked

"Now, Lizzie you go and get her because if Josie goes then she will think that it's you who had the problem."

Lizzie nodded and headed out of the bedroom and went to get her mom. When she came back with Caroline in tow they all explained what was going on and Caroline agreed to help even though she thought Hope should tell her parents.

Hope was grateful to Caroline for being like her second mom when the girls went to the showers Caroline sat next to Hope and turned to her

"Okay Hope, what's really going on, why don't you want to tell anyone else?"

"I have a really bad feeling that this isn't going to last and like I said to the twins I don't want to get Landon's hopes up for being a father or my family's hopes up for another addition to the Mikaelson family and if something goes wrong we both know that my family will go on a rampage and I don't think I could cope with that."

Caroline nodded and Hope headed to her room to get ready for the day.