049

We layed in bed. I yawned. Steve kissed my neck softly making me giggle mid yawn.

"Steve." I softly said.

"You better not be too tired, because tonight we're not sleeping." He whispered in my ear.

I stared at him and smiled.

"Oh are you sure about that?" I asked him as I smirked.

He took a minute and stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're just so beautiful. I can't believe I'm here with you again." He said as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled and he kissed me.

...

When I woke up, i felt an arm wrap around my waist. I sighed as i remembered what happened last night. A sigh of relief entered my body as i realized it wasnt all a dream. Steve was still sleeping. I checked the clock. as much as i loved my job, Today, all i wanted to do was stay inside with Steve. so i picked up the phone and dialed my work place.

"Hi Sussie." I said into the phone.

"Hey El, how's it going?" She asked.

"Its been good. I'm calling because i wanna take a sick day, im feeling kind of squeamish today, i want to stay away from patients." I said.

"I'm sorry El, i hope you feel better." She said.

"Thank you." I said as i placed the phone back on its place.

I felt a kiss on my shoulder. i smiled and turned around. I saw steve with his eyes closed. I smiled and placed a hand on his cheek, caressing his face softly. He smiled softly. I placed a kiss on his lips. He opened his eyes and sharply sighed. wrapping me in an embrace. I decided to get up and make breakfast. "Stay" He whispered.

I smiled. "Baby i have to make breakfast. Meredith does not cook and if i don't get up she will never eat. And Sodapop spent the night with his brothers. Ill be back i promise." i said. he sighed and let go of my hand. I waked into my closet and put my clothes on. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Only to see Meredith holding onto the counter, grabbing her lower stomach.

"Woah Meredith! Are you okay?" i asked as i rushed to her side. she nodded.

"I uh- I think my water broke" She said.

"Okay, don't worry I'll get Steve, we'll call Sodapop and we will get you to the hospital and have this baby." I said.

"Steve!" i yelled

I grabbed the hospital bag that we've carried around for the past week now.

"We need to go." I said as he walked down the stairs.

He grabbed the keys to my car and we walked out, driving to the hospital.

...

When we arrived, I picked up the phone. Calling Sodapop. "Hello?" I asked as I heard the other line pick up.

"Hello?" Sodapop asked.

"Sodapop, we need you to come to the hospital, Meredith is going into labor." I said.

"Oh god okay, I'll be there soon." He said. he hung up. I placed the phone down and headed to the room where she was in. Steve grabbed my hand and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I opened the door.

"You're not coming in?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"I'll stay out here and wait for Sodapop." He said. I smiled and kissed him. Walking inside.

When Sodapop walked in, he headed towards Meredith right away. I was soaking a cloth in cold water to clean the sweat from her forehead. She was almost ready to give birth.

"I'll be back soon." I said as I went to grab her more ice chips. I walked out and Steve stood up.

"How's it going?" Steve asked.

"She's okay, I think she'll be giving birth in no time." I said

We walked to get ice chips together. When I got back nurses were rushing in.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"She's ready." The nurse said. I tried going in.

"Only the babies father." She said. I nodded and walked out.

The door closed.

"Hey don't worry. Everything will be okay." Steve said as he hugged me. I smiled slightly and hugged him back.

After a few minutes, Sodapop a smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

I rushed and hugged him with a smile on my face.

"Congratulations!" I said. He smiled.

"Thank you." He said.

Steve gave him a bro hug. Patting his back.

"Congrats man!" He said. We walked into the room. Meredith was holding the baby.

I walked up to her. "How are you feeling?" I asked. She smiled.

"I'm doing okay." I looked down.

"It's a girl." I whispered.

Meredith smiled.

"Well aren't you the most beautiful baby in the world?" I asked in a baby voice.

"Can I?" I asked Meredith. She nodded and handed me the baby. I walked to the couch. Sodapop headed to talk to Meredith. I said down on the couch and stared down at the baby.

"You'd make a good mom you know?" Steve said as he sat next to me.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Really?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I need to show you something." I said.

He looked at me.

I handed Meredith her baby and we decided to leave and let her rest. Steve and I drove somewhere.