The day I can never forget

(Makayla POV)

The day seemed to drag on, like any other regular day at school. But, today was no regular day. Today was the day my favorite band, 5 Seconds of Summer, was preforming at my school.

"Sorry for the interruption, we need all of the tenth grade to come to the auditorium, at this time." A voice sounded from over the intercome.

As I was getting up from my seat, my best friend came up to me and said, " I wonder what we are going to do."

Obviously, she forgot that 5 Seconds of Summer was going to be playing a mini concert today. I just walked past her, rolling my eyes. I was almost to the auditorium when, I ran into someone.

"Sorry." We both said apologizing at the same time.

I looked up to see who I ran into, he had short red hair. He was wearing black skinny jeans with rips in the knee and a Nirvana T-shirt. I stepped back to get a good look at his face. That's when I realised it was Michael Clifford.

"What's your name?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"Makayla." I said quietly.

"A beautiful name, for a beautiful girl."

I could feel my cheeks turning red. I was about to leave, when Michael grabbed my wrist.

"Do you know where I could find a dunny?" Michael asked. (A/N: 'dunny' is Aussie for toilet.)

"Yea, it's around that corner." I said pointing, to the nearest one.

"Thanks but, um... do... can I... get your...."

"Phone number?"

"Yea, that." Michael's cheeks were a bright red.

We exchanged phone numbers, and then we both went on our ways. When I got to the auditorium, the curtains were still down. I found a seat in the front row, next to my best friend. She asked, where I was. I ended up telling her the whole thing, that happened in the hallway.
(Michael's POV)
I was walking down the hallway, when I ran into someone.

"Sorry." Our voices in unison.

She looked up at me, her snow- blue eyes exaiming me. She stepped back a little, I'm guessing to get a full length view of me. Her face lit up, after exaiming me for a couple of seconds. I guess she recognized me.

"What's your name?" I asked hoping she wouldn't just leave.

"Makayla." She said, her voice sounded like snowflakes on a perfect winter day.

"A beautiful name, for a beautiful girl." I said, not knowing what came out of my mouth, until it was to late.

Her cheeks turned red. She was about to leave but, without thinking I grabbed her wrist.

I thought fast, "Do you know where I could find a dunny?" I said almost instantly.

"Yea, it's around that corner." She said, pointing a crossed the hall.

"Thanks but, um... do... can I... get your....?"

"Phone number?" She cut into my idiotic attempt to get her phone number but, trying to be cool about it.

"Yea, that." My face grew hot.

We exchanged numbers and she went back to where ever she was going. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, as my phone just went off. I looked at the screen, to see that Luke texted me, asking where I was.

"I 'm trying to go to the bathroom." I texted Luke, when I got into the bathroom.

Almost, instantly Luke texted back.

"Mikey, you are so gross."

"Hurry up!"

"We go on in 2 minutes!"

Luke texted me three times.

"OK, ok, I'll be there in a minute."
***
I finished washing my hands and started my way backstage. I saw her.... Makayla, she was sitting in the front row, talking to a girl with long dirty blonde hair and green and orange dyed tips.

"Fuck!" I thought. How am I supposed to preform in front of her, if I can't even speak to her without stumbling over my words. My thoughts continued.

My thoughts were starting to make me nervous. I grabbed my guitar and started to tune it.

Luke walked over, "Why are you nervous,Mate?"

"What makes you think I'm nervous?" I mumbled.

"Well, one you're shaking, two you're mumbling to yourself, thr-"

"Ok, so I'm nervous." I cut him off before he could finish his list.

"I know but, why?" Luke asked, sounding concerned.

"There is this girl out there..."

"Yea, there is about thirty girls out there." Luke said in an sarcastic tone.

"No, I mean like.... She...." I was at a loss of words.

"She...." I tried to start my sentence again but, failed miserably.

"You must really like her." Luke said, looking a little sad.

"I just met her." I said trying to get over the fact that Makyla was in the audience.
****
When we got done singing, Good Girls, everyone was out of their seats. We started to play, She looks so perfect, when I decided to call Makyla up on stage.

Luke looked at me like I was crazy and mouthed, "What are you doing, Mikey?"

Makayla came up on the stage.

"Ok, stand right here." I told her, as I placed her right next to me.

She obeyed. Then, I looked over at Luke and nodded my head. Luke started to play, She looks so perfect, again. After the song was over, I looked at her and just smiled. When she had to leave, was when I came back down to Earth. Instead of just letting her leave, I pulled her in for a hug. She was tense at first, then she relaxed and hugged me back. The hug only lasted for about a minute and a half. She pulled away first.

"Text me." She whispered, as her friend was pulling her away.

"I will." I said, pulling out my phone.