Chapter One: Percy

“I’m not sure about this guys.” I said to my two friends. Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood. 

“How scary can she be?” Annabeth asked, turning to look at me. 

“Very, she could be very scary.” Grover started shaking in his fake styrofoam feet.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, “C’mon slow pokes, we don’t have all day.” 

She grabbed Grover’s shaking hand and pulled him along. I reluctantly followed, I thought we would go to the front door like normal people. But no...we had to creep around the corner like stalkers. Annabeth arrived at the side window, I peeked in and saw that it was the kitchen. All three of us climbed in as quietly as we could. I got in first and made sure everyone was good. 

“Oh look, the neighborhood stalkers.” a female voice said behind us. 

I jumped and turned around to be greeted by a girl. Her hair was platinum blonde, almost like white paint. Her hair was in waves flowing down her shoulders. Her eyes were multiple colors, blue, gold and green all at the same time. Her eyes were piercing into the three of us. She wore tight black pants and a thin red tank top. Her clothes fit her subtle curves. She was beautiful. I caught myself staring, I shook my head to clear my fog. 

“W-we’re not stalkers.” I stuttered out. 

She cocked her head to the side, “No? Then why did I catch you climbing through my kitchen window?” 

“We-uh…” I caught myself staring into her eyes, they made me lose any of the composure I had. (Which wasn’t a lot). 

“Chiron sent us.” Annabeth said stepping forward. 

The girl with white hair groaned and rolled her eyes.

“What does that old horse want now?” 

Annabeth stiffened with anger at her words, “Did you just-” 

“Insult Chiron? Why yes, yes I did.” the girl finished with sarcasm. I choked down a laugh earning a glare from Annabeth. 

“We’re here to take you to camp, he says you’re a half-blood.” Annabeth said sternly. 

The girl bursted into a fit of laughter, “Sorry to burst your bubble uh..” 

I realized she awaited our names, “That’s Annabeth Chase, I’m Percy Jackson, and this is Grover Underwood.” 

The girl nodded contently before continuing, “Annabeth, but I’m mortal last time I checked. And I’m not the child of the prophecy either. So you can be on your way.” she made a shooing motion.  

“How did you know about the prophecy?” Annabeth asked. 

The girl rolled her eyes, “I’m not a dumbass, I know about everything.”

Annabeth scoffed at the girl's comment. 

“What? You’re not the only smart person in the world you know. I’m sure your mother told you that.” the girl chuckled but soon turned into a coughing fit. 

She covered her mouth with her hand, when it pulled away I saw the blood on her lips. I felt a pang in my heart. She went to the sink and washed her hand, the blood heading down the drain. She spat into the sink, a puddle of blood leaving her mouth. She dug through cabinets frantically until finding a bottle of pills. I watched as she took two and sighed in relief. 

“As you can see, I’m not a demi-god.” she stated.  

“Are you okay?” I asked, concern edged at my voice.