003. Abomination

CHAPTER THREE
˹Abomination˼

——●——

With the bottle of sleeping pills Allison managed to acquire from Gerard, Kaito had finally managed to have a decent sleep, the nightmare that was plaguing his mind, quelled by the dose of chemicals the pills helped flood his system with.

School came a lot easier after that, without the tired bags under his eyes making him look like a walking corpse, Kaito could slip under the radar, attend his classes, and go home. He knew Scot and Allison were still together, but unable to show it at school.

Gerard had somehow acquired the Position of the schools headmaster, his vigilant eyes trained on his granddaughter like a hawk. The bubbling feeling of unease crept into Kaito, but he pushed that feeling down. It was Allison's grandfather. He'd never hurt her.

Allison had tried her best to keep him updated on whatever she felt fit to disclose, how she and Scott, plus Stiles and a reluctant Lydia had gone on a double date to the ice skating rink. Before Lydia had a total meltdown on the ice.

She told him about Derek, how he was turning teenagers into werewolves, first was Issac, who was currently on the run for suspected murder of his father. The former coach of Beacon hills swim team.

Erica who suffered from epilepsy, now that she was a wolf, her natural healing abilities practically cured her of it, and of course Boyd, Allison said he was someone of a loner and agreed to be a wolf for the companionship.

They'd put it together, battle lines were being drawn, and the soldiers on each side were arming up, the wolves and the hunters were about to go to war. It was a lot to process at first, Kaito tried not to let his fear show through.

Although the nightmare had been subsided with the aid of the medication, he could still see the monster whenever he closed his eyes. Glowing red eyes. Glowing red eyes like Derek hale.

Allison had done her best to comfort him when she noticed the slight tremble of his hands, reassuring him that he didn't need to get involved, he reassured her it was just nerves. And that when the real fighting begins he'll be ready.

They didn't talk much of the wolves and the hunters after that.

Allison had convinced Kaito into going along with her to the lacrosse game, accompanied by Gerard, hey gave her a knowing look but her eyes told him to be quiet and play along, they'd found their seats. The darkness of the sky and the coldness in the air setting in.

Giving the game a certain atmospheric twist, Kaito had made eye contact with Scott, just before he placed on his lacrosse helmet, a spark of pure adrenaline spiked through his entire body, a breathless gasp escaping his parted lips.

Scott quickly looked away, and all too suddenly Kaito understood why, 'sudden rush of arousal' his brain helpfully supplied, Scott could probably smell it on him, mortification washed over him just as quickly as arousal.

Sure they aren't related, but Allison and Scott are still together, despite lying about it to everyone, and he had effectively told Scott that he was interested in him.

Kaito buried further into his warm jacket, his cheeks flushed pink, although from the cold, or from the embarrassment, is yet to be known.