Chapter 6: The Forsaken Forest

My brother didn't exactly gave me the unique item called the Scroll of Aggesander. He specifically said to hold on to it since he was trying to sort his inventory when we started playing together three months ago. Among the many items he turned over to me, the scroll became viral. As soon as I posted my question in global chat in the OSD that very night, all the players around the world learned about two things. One is that the scroll exists and the second is that they now know that I have it. I soon found my inbox flooded with private messages asking a million things about almost anything that night. Piper also mentioned that global chat suddenly became alive. We both had to leave and log out of the game.

"That's insane!"

Piper was still ecstatic an hour after we left. She was overwhelmed with the non-stop discussion in the global chat which doesn't normally happen. She also took it in to absorb what I have just revealed to the world.

"Come on, Ses. This is better than the Happy bus a million times. What else do I have to know about your stash?"

"It isn't mine really and my brother would probably take it back as soon as he learns about it."

"You know how much that costs?"

"I really don't know. Do you?"

"I could only assume."

"We forgot about the rellish too."

"Forget him. I think he was trying to scam you."

"But he have better health items."

"At this level, I think I'm good with what I have for now."

Piper could be right. We have Grandma Hawken's recipe and its healing properties are perhaps second to the rellish.

"Sorry to mess your stream schedule too."

I said to Piper after not hearing her talk for a second.

"Oh it is okay. But promise me you'll let me see the scroll during live stream."

"Sure and as long as I still have it."

"See you tomorrow Ses."

Piper hung up and I placed my smartphone on the side table. My mind was still racing with all the words in chat that I managed to read until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next day after feeling the sunlight hitting my face. When I turned over, I saw the clock on my desk showed quarter past eleven in the morning. My brother is really going to kill me. I hurried outside and went to the kitchen to grab anything to drink. I then realized that my brother hasn't returned yet while looking at the mess I left from last night.

"Great! I have a few hours to live."

I said to myself while reaching out to my smartphone.

"Where are you?"

"Oh! You are finally awake. I've been buzzing you."

"What time will you be home?"

"I'll be there in half an hour."

It took less time to clean up everything in the house and sure enough, I heard my brother park the hybrid car.

"I saved you a box."

He handed me a whole pizza carton in which I took a long slice of its content.

"Mmm, what's going on? Did you get promoted or anything?"

"Ha ha, funny. I have your frappe inside the car's cup holder. Would you mind getting my latte too? I'll tell you something when you get back."

I was still a bit dazed but after hearing what my brother said, my feet instantly took off. Nothing could be more perfect than eating pizza and drinking frappe whatever time of the day. I later placed the tall disposable paper cup full of latte on the kitchen table after returning from the garage and sat down to enjoy a nice sip of my favorite drink.