PROLOGUE

"Liana"

I looked at manang who just called me. She's looking at me like she's giving me courage to do it. Me, myself wanted to do it but my insecurties were stoping me.

It's been years since I last saw him. Now, I'm uncertain weather go there or not. 365 days were enough to change someone perspective of a thing or someone. But it was also enough to change a persons feeling.

Early in the morning when I got back from jogging around the village here in Toronto, Canada manang told me that an invitation came up.

Isinawalang bahala ko na lamang iyon. Not until Iyah called me and asked me about the party.

I remember getting myself getting angry at her because I thought she's just making it up, but then when I checked our mail box it was placed there.

Sa loob ng isang taong lumipas ay maraming nag-bago hindi lang sa itsura ko kungbhindi pati na din sa ugali ko. Natuto akong mamuhay ng parang isang simpleng tao. Naranasan kong mag-hirap kapalit ng...

Lahat...

Pero wala akong pinag-sisihan na kahit na ano sa mga naging desisyon ko sa buhay. Dahil lahat ng ito ay mangyayari dahil sa desisyon kong iyon.

"Don't worry manang, I'll attend the party." Bukal sa puso kong sabi. Siguro dahil na tanggap ko na lahat ng nangyari sa amin kaya ganito na lamang kadali gumawa ng desisyon para sa akin.

"Nandito lang kami palagi para sa iyon, prinsesa..."

Mainit na ngiti ang tinugon ko sa kanya. Lumapit ako palapit sa kanya at niyakap sya. Manang and Ian, where the only persons who stayed with me kahit na sinabi kong gusto kong maranasan maging simple. They never let me down. And I'm so blessed to have them as my second family.

"Mag-hahanap na po ako ng isusuot manang." Sabi ko pag-katapos naming kumalas mula sa yakap.

"Go princess, impress them. Show them the new and better you." Tumango ako sa kanya at umakyat na sa taas.

What happened between us wasn't a secret for them, they're actually supporting me for every decision i'd make.

Mula sa mga damit kong dinala na hindi pa nagagamit ay namili ako. I lied them down in my normal sized bed and tried to choose what's the best gown. Minutes after minutes, out of 13 dresses, i was able to pick the top 3 that i really liked.

The 3rd one was a color pastel pink that can see my back with glitters all over it. This dress actually reminded me of good old times, the reason why i chosen it.

Second was an all black dress. It was a off shoulder fitted above the knee dress.

And the last one was, a silver one. It has a design in the lower part. Three different shades of sequence were shining in it. The top were only in plain black, while you can see my shoulder down to both of my arms.

I combed my hair as I try to chose what to wear and I saw a glimpse of what I  looked from the full length mirror beside my tv.

Right there and then, I knew what I wanted to make as an impression for the second time around.

AROUND 7 o'clock in the evening. Everything was settled. With a minimum amount of beaty product and a tons of courage. I looked at my mini mirror that was enough to fit in my matte black handbag and then breathe.

Ngumiti ako at muling inayos ang sarili. Naka ngiti akong bumaba ng sasakyan ko sa tapat ng isang magarbong mansyon.  At last, I'm stepping in here again.

Media didn't waste any seconds and stared to take photos of me as I walked in the red carpet. It feels like I was some sort of famous celebrity and their trying to take good photos for their article the next day.