•chapter 7•

tw for this chapter: it includes physical and emotional abuse.

second person pov

you make your way to the washroom, still rubbing you face gently. you open the door and stand in front of the mirror, noticing that fact that you didn't realize there was a bruise on my face and neither did everyone due to the fact your hand was covering it. you get some water and wash your face.

"ouch." you wince.

you look up at the mirror again and you the bruise becomes more clear. you don't know what hit you but you felt such a sharp pain in your heart. tears started to form as the memories come flooding back:

"you're fucking useless. you know that right? you're good for nothing. you're a fucking slut. no one will ever love you. " he yells at your face.

more and more tears come out.

"i-i'm sorry!" you cry out as he grabs you by your hair. you scream out in pain hoping someone will save you.

"this'll teach you a lesson, bitch." he shouts as he hits your face.

your head jerks up and more tears come flooding out. you didn't notice how loud you were until you here someone coming. panicking, you immediately wash your face, hoping to make your tears unnoticeable. you try your best to calm down but it doesn't help. your breathing is off and your eyes were red and puffy. you try your best to act normal and walk out of the washroom and you see the one person you wished wasn't there. you put on a tough act to make him walk away but you break down and you start crying hysterically.

"(l/n)..?" tsukishima whispers, "a-are you okay?"

tsukishima didn't know what to do. he's never been in this position before, but it hurt seeing you cry like that. he didn't know what to say so he just held you in his arms and both of you felt so peaceful. you were still crying.

"i-i *hic* i'm sorry tsukishima- i *hic* got your shirt wet.." you stutter as you try to pull away from him but his hold on you is stiff.

"tsukishima.." you whisper as you look up at him.

"your face is bruised." he says with a blank expression.

"a-ah right.." you mumble, "sorry for the trouble tsukishima.."

"you should go home." he mutters.

"r-right.. i'd forgotten about that haha.." you chuckle nervously.

tsukishima's pov

i don't know what came over me. i just wanted to get a drink from the vending machine when i heard soft crying. at first i ignored it, i just want to get my drink and continue practice but it hit me. it was probably (l/n). stupid hinata. i don't understand why she was so worked up about a small bruise, does she care that much about her appearance? or is it something else? a million questions flooded my brain. i look over at (l/n), who was fiddling with her fingers.

"oi, what are you doing?" i ask. her head shoots up.

"a-ah, it's just something i do when i'm nervous i guess." she stutters.

i couldn't help but think about how adorable she looked.

(f/n)'s pov

i stand there continuing to fiddle with my fingers as i try my best not to cry again. i probably look really pathetic right now. i can't go back to the gym now, it's too embarrassing. i can't let anyone else see me in such a vulnerable position. i look up and see tsukishima raising his hand over to me and my instincts cause me to flinch.

"h-hey, are you okay?" he frantically asks, "i'm sorry."

i'm so stupid. i did it again.

"it's alright. i'm gonna go now. sorry about all of that, do you mind telling kiyoko-san and everyone else that i'm leaving for the night?" i ask with a forced smile.

"sure.." tsukishima mutters.

i walk away before he can say anything else. right now my priority is to get home as soon as possible. i forget about my bag and my stuff as i walk out the school gates. i was walking so fast i didn't notice myself bump into someone on my way home.

"why hello there pretty girl." a male voice says.

my head jerks up to see a guy with brown hair that swept outwards. he was fairly attractive and tall.

"my bad, sorry about that sir." i say as i bow.

"hehe no worries!~" he chirps, "i'm tooru oikawa!"

"i'm (l/n) (f/n). nice to meet you." i respond with a blush.

"a pretty lady like you shouldn't be walking alone at this time." he smirks, "i'll walk you."

i shake my hands and head,

"a-ah! it's alright! i wouldn't want to bother you of course!"

"nonsense! come on (l/n)-chan~" he exclaims.

"alright.." i nod.

as we both walk continue to walk i shiver as the cold breeze hits me. i suddenly remember i left my bag at the gym. as i was mentally scolding myself, i feel someone put their jacket around me.

"it would be a shame if you were to catch a cold (l/n)-chan~" oikawa giggles.

"thank you oikawa-san!" i smile.

"uwahh you're so cute!" he says.

i can't help but blush at the compliment.

"so.. why are you out here so late?" oikawa asks.

"i was at practice, i'm training to become the co-manager at my school's volleyball team. but i got hit in the face with the ball and i got quite the bruise so i thought it would be good if i left for today." i ramble.

oikawa stops and caresses my face.

i blush as his warm, soft fingers make contact with my skin. he gently feels my bruise and holds my face in his big hands.

"i didn't notice because of the darkness." he says.

"i was hoping it stayed unnoticed hehe~" i say as i look down.

"what school do you go to?" oikawa asks, putting his hand back in his pocket.

"karasuno." i reply.