catching feelings

1.

“Do you have someone you like?”

Of course not, so Yaya answered, “No.”

Her friends frowned, not liking Yaya’s answer. Yaya frowned as well, was liking someone a requirement? She didn’t know.

“That’s got to be a lie.”

“There should be someone you have a crush on.”

Fatimah looked around the classroom, as if she’s looking for someone, until her eyes stopped on a certain person. A huge smile went to her lips as she turned to face Yaya. “How about Boboiboy?”

Yaya frowned even more, if possible. “Boboiboy?”

Her two other friends nodded excitedly. “Boboiboy! He’s handsome isn’t he?”

Well that wasn’t a lie, the boy is handsome. She turned her head slightly to look at Boboiboy’s direction, who sat a row behind her and is two tables away. The boy is seated at Fang’s table and beside Fang, there was also one person sitting on Fang’s table which happened to be Gopal. He is handsome but there’s just no… sparks.

Yaya turned to her friends. “I guess.”

Her friends raised their eyebrows, almost offended by her words. “What?”

“Are you kidding?”

“That’s it?”

“Well I’m telling the truth.” Yaya huffed. “He is handsome but I don’t feel anything different.”

Nurul had a thoughtful look which made Yaya pause, intrigued with what she has to say. Her other friends paused as well, waiting for her speak. Nurul snapped her fingers, pointing a finger at Yaya after. “You haven’t been in love.”

Yaya blinked at her. It just occurred to her that she never did. She couldn’t remember the last time she had a crush on a boy, let alone someone. I think I never did.

“I think that’s true.”

Her friends had surprised looks on their faces, not believing her words. “Really?”

“Like you’ve never crushed on anyone before?”

Yaya nodded her head.

“Eh?”

“Then this is your chance.”

Yaya gave them a confused expression. “Chance?”

Fatimah seemed to have caught on, expressing a huge smile on their face. “That’s right! It is your chance!”

Yvonne nodded eagerly. Yaya’s confusion grew, not getting what their trying to say. “Wait, I don’t get what you guys are trying to say.”

Fatimah rolled her eyes playfully. “Your chance to fall in love.”

“With who?”

“With Boboiboy.” Her friend smirked.

“With Boboiboy?” Yaya asked, sounding a bit horrified.

“Don’t sound so horrified,” Nurul said, rolling her eyes. “It’s not like we’re breaking any rules.”

“B-but you want me to fall in love with Boboiboy.”

“Not necessarily in love,” Yvonne said. “Just a simple crush.”

Yaya shook her head, not believing what her friends are saying. They want her to fall in love? With Boboiboy of all people. There are so many boys inside the classroom, the school if necessary, and the person they want her to fall in love with or ‘just a simple crush’ with is with Boboiboy? Yaya is even certain that love doesn’t work that way.