Queen

She’s unaware.  

She wants the throne. She wants control. She’s always had both, actually. But she’s still unaware. She doesn’t know how many girls want her place. They all can’t wait to stab her in the back.

She, and all of the other girls, have been princesses all their lives; literally. They’ve lived in the same kingdom all their lives; all princesses, all equals. But princess was not enough for her. She became Queen.

That would have been alright. It’s not, though. She doesn’t play fairly. She has everyone wrapped around her evil little finger. She decides which rules to bend. She finds the ones who wrong her and kills their loved ones. She finds the servants who do not perform satisfactorily and makes sure to have the chef run out of bread. She finds the princesses who are snarky to her and steal their lovers.

The princesses plot against her. But she doesn’t know it. No one has ever told her to keep looking over her shoulder. They want her chair. They want her out. They will stop at nothing.

She goes on without a care. She goes on being cruel to everyone. She keeps using her power. She lives off of the power. The princesses continue to hold spite. They cannot take her. They will not stand for her.

She kills own father one that night out of pure hatred for him. He had been the one who cared for her, and the other princesses, all their lives. The other girls truly loved him as a parent they never had. They were furious.

They knew what had to be done.

“Kill the queen for the crown and the money”

-          Queen by Stephen Jerzak