27 Days from Christmas- Destined

Laying on my bed, I kept thinking.

"You are not allowed to fall in love with me."

Naïve, I was just staring at him hoping he would laugh about it but he did not.

//Why? Why can't I love you? I will love you as you have never been loved before. Just allow me please.//

Jimin woke up from nightmare, panting. He needed someone to calm him every time. His hands trailed the phone in dark as he unlocked it, he opened the photo gallery to look at pictures, and like always they helped.

Trying to get by on a short winter night, not crying in a long time did not come in handy today. Clutching the pillow to his chest and hugging his knees, he sobbed softly falling into sleep again.

**

Christmas means magic. Christmas mornings mean dark chocolate, black coffee, and bicycle thieves. The best time of the year had come. With the festivities in heart, Jimin woke up to a new Monday morning with new determination.

For ordinary people, it was Sunday which brought them Jolliness but Jimin considered himself no ordinary man, because first, he worked Sundays, and second, the magic he could create by his hands made him special.

Monday mornings and breakfasts are an eternal love story for him. This used to be the time when everyone in the house gathered over conjectures and the daily newspaper.

Amidst the assiduous work-from-home his friends and family did, he always felt that it never works from home for him. The kitchen is his office and cooking is his work.

Entering the kitchen kick started his day.

Today's special is sourdough toast (from TheArtful Baker), creamy mushy scrambled eggs (Gordon Ramsay's recipe), some seared tomatoes and smoked sausages on the sides. To bring the spirit of Christmas, there is eggnog.

He invites Clara over as she coveted to taste Jimin's cooking. As they sit at the table opposite to each other the lady was in awe. The food looked delectable and the aroma just added to her hunger. Melt-in-mouth eggs, seasoned sausages with sweetish toast made her Jimin's fan in an instant.

"I must say, I have not eaten anything like this. I have travelled far but my search for favorite food finishes here." She said savoring the food.

Jimin smiled. Every time, the compliments made him believe in himself more and be hopeful that one day his talent will be recognized and he will get a bigger platform to revitalize the ingredients into something more astonishing.

Cooking was not just a task for him, it was his escape from everything.

"Thanks, Clara. You must visit my booth. I suddenly want you to try my menu there."

"I will definitely come. I cannot wait. Not after tasting this." She chuckled and they carried on eating.

**

When Jimin did not come to Fair, Jungkook was going crazy like a hungry gorilla in search of food. In his mind were running the images of quiet Jimin, cooking passionately in front of his eyes.

He went to the Fair committee and asked for Jimin's number which he got easily from registration details.

You ask how? He owns this entire Fair commission. It is his land on which Fair is exhibited.

Moving on, he was in dilemma whether to call Jimin and come across as a crazy man or actually become one waiting for him.

He decided on the latter, not wanting to scare off Jimin. He went back home thinking it might be Jimin's day off but wrong thoughts of anything bad happening to him seared in his mind as rotten egg's smell, hard to get rid of.