Prologue

The Castina Empire was crumbling slowly. Almost all nobles knew that fact, but none of the common folks were made aware. They were acting as if it was a normal day, while for the aristocrats, a wrong move could end their life.

In the midst of this chaos, a mysterious silhouette kept walking through the passage, eyes were glancing warily at the surroundings. The dungeon was dark, it's as if it was an abyss, except for the fact that it allow a small amount of light from the moon to illuminate it.

Walking stealthily across the hallway, the figure's eyes clash on the deepest part of the dungeon, where a woman was laying on the floor, her appearance was unkempt, quite unlike the female that was supposed to be the Empress of this empire.

The silhouette stopped right in front of her prison, and muttered softly. "Aristia. Wake up."

Perhaps it's because of the fact that the dungeon was eerily silent, that the said female stirred after a few seconds, and slowly opened her eyes, as she raised her head. When she finally conscious and aware of a presence in front of her prison cell, her golden eyes glared at the silhouette, who she has yet to discern his identity, as she snarled, "Who are you?"

Just then, the light from the moon came through the small window, and it illuminated the red hair and light blue eyes of the male. Golden eyes met his light blue eyes, and she gasps, "Carsein . Wh-what are you doing he-here? "

"I've come to save you. Tia." He replied, his lips quirked up into a small smile, though the black shadows under eyes indicated that he was under extreme tiredness. Still, his gloved hand found its way to the female's cheek, and caressed it gently.

"What about the -"

"This country, is about to fall to ruin, Tia. The guards were deployed to handle something else."

With hardened eyes, he spoke, "The Emperor has made his decision. You are to be beheaded next week."

The tone of anger was evident in his words. However, his eyes were gazing at the female with utmost care, as if there's no one else that could replace her.

The female sound resigned, as she muttered," What did I do wrong, Sein? I was supposed to be the Empress, I was trained since my childhood for that very position. Why am I here?"

She was the proud daughter of House Monique, the one who was said to be the next empress, the one who was doted by the previous emperor. She has all, until the girl came.

"I'm sorry. If I had..."

"You know, sometimes I wanted to tell him that if he already love another, just let me go. Just let me... achieve my own happiness. I don't give a damn about anything else. "

He clenched his fist, as he heard the word one by one. A part of him also wondered, if she was being deposed, at least just throw her away from the castle. Then, he would be able to be with her. The one that he love since he was a child.

Why did she have to thrown in this dungeon?

"In this shaking core of power, what future was left for a deposed empress like me?" The silver haired lady said, tears were falling down her face.

"There's still future." He said softly, his eyes met hers. "A future with me. I'll be the one who'll accompany you, make you laugh, be your friend, give you love, and all that."

"Carsein..."

"Wait for me, Tia. Your father and I, we'll bring you away from this hell." He took out something from his pocket, and handed it to her. "I promise. "

The glimmer from the moonlight reflected on the small ruby that decorated the hairpin.

A symbol of their promise.