Going home for the holidays

~~~~note~~~~

I don't own any rights to any of these characters, they are all the creation of JK Rowling, but in this version I choose who ends up with who, their backstories etc. but JK Rowling owns all the characters and everything else belonging to the wizarding world

hey so this is my first story ever and no one will probably read it, apologies if this sounds similar to anyone else's story, it's not intentional i just write what comes to mind, and i tend to be inspired by other writers next gen stories. sorry for any bad english, i tend to just write and write and not even realise errors. hope the nonexsistent people who read this like it...

~~~~~~~~~

Lily Luna potter was stood in the middle of the room of requirement, all eyes were on her.

"Okay Lils, what's your happy memory?" said James Sirius Potter, golden boy of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. "What are you going to think about whilst you produce a Patronus?"

"I was thinking about maybe that camping trip when our whole family was sat around the fire, whilst Gran read us the tales of beadle the bard" she said hesitantly

"Sounds great! Give it a go Lils!" James gave an encouraging smile accompanied with an enthusiastic thumbs up. Lily took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She thought about when her dad told her about the first time, he ever produced his Patronus, his stag. She pictured him hugging her tight with pride when she went home with her own Patronus, maybe it would be a doe just like her grandmother.

She raised her wand and thought about her camping trip, took a deep breath, flew her eyes open and yelled the words "EXPECTO PATRONUM" she saw nothing. Maybe it was elsewhere in the room. She looked around there was nothing there. Her smile faded to a frown. 

James gave a reassuring smile and through the eerie silence said "Just try again Lils, you'll get there, you know how long it took Albus to produce his Patronus..."

"Yes James, but you got it almost straight away and dad was so happy and proud then Albus finally got his everyone was happy he finally got it, they weren't as proud because he didn't get it as quick as you and because he's a Slytherin uncle Ron still has some sort of grudge against that so he was judgmental. I just want to get it James..."

"Maybe you're just not thinking of the right memory, you need a memory that fills you to the brim with happiness. Any memories that spark joy? Think of family. Dare I say think of Scorpius." He looked mildly peeved off at that last bit. 

Lily had been dating her brother Albus' best friend, Scorpius Malfoy, since the middle of her fourth year. James and Albus have always been protective of her, but when Scorpius revealed to Albus he liked his sister he was surprisingly calm. Lily's cousin Rose had said she had a crush on Malfoy and she supported her and told her to go for it, ignoring her own feelings and putting them aside for the sake of her cousin and best friend. However, when Lily told Albus that Rose (who they were also extremely protective of) liked Scorpius he told her that Scorpius liked her, not Rose. Lily didn't know what to do until Rose realised what she was feeling wasn't real and fell in love with Lorcan Scamander, and they started dating just before Lily and Scorpius did. 

Lily and Scorpius figured out their feelings for eachother and are now in happy relationship even though everyone was a bit hesitant at first. "Alright you know what, I just realised the time, it's almost curfew. We're gonna wrap up early tonight and if anyone sees my brother tell him I'm gonna make sure he never misses a DA meeting again haha, alright good night, bye, see ya." James said to people as they left. He eyed Lily suspiciously and hugged her "Come on Lils, we're going home tomorrow for Christmas you'll get to see mum and dad, you should get some sleep..." they leave the room of requirement and head back to the Gryffindor common room. 

The next morning Lily got dressed, wearing her initialled 'L' jumper knitted by her grandmother and her black jeans with black combat boots, she sat on her bed and watched various clothes and books float into her trunk as a result of a spell. She carried the trunk down to the common room and saw her family there ready to go, some wearing their own initialled jumpers. She went down to stand next to her cousin, Rose.

"Hey Lily, we're all going to head down to the platform now, you coming?"

"Yeh, are Al and Scorpius not meeting us here?" Lily said, looking around for the boys. They usually meet the others at the gryffindor common room, they let them in and wait for the train to arrive.

"No, Albus woke up late and hadn't finished packing so Scorpius is helping him, they're going to meet us on the train. They sent a first year with a note to let us know" she explained putting on her coat. They left the common room and headed down to the entrance hall, said their goodbyes to Proffessor McGonagall and headed down to the platform.

~~~~~

hope you liked it! thanks for reading!

~~~~~