Theodore's Kingdom of Scheherezade

* * *

The tickling call for adventure has once again summoned the voyager. As the fleeting rays of the sun fell upon his face, Theodore stopped by and adored a moment —the beauty of the scenery where the sun-kissed the sea goodbye and gently hid itself to rest.

Along his way towards his hut, he bumped into two women. The taller in stature was wearing a refined white gown, with her hair tied up, and a shimmering huge pair of pearl earrings. The other one was clothed with a leafy, floral garment; with ash-grey hair that flows smoothly down to her shoulders; and an affable demeanour that beckoned Theodore to come near.

"Hello there, young man! Where are you heading to?" asked the woman in a white gown.
"You look very much excited!" said the ash grey-haired woman.
"Good day, ladies!" Theodore greeted, "I'm seeking for another adventure!" he added, proudly raising his head to look mighty.

"Hmm?" Bewildered, the two women hesitantly nodded. As soon as he arrived in his hut, he quickly grabbed the things he needed.

"I am now ready to embark on a new journey," said Theodore with his both hands on his waist.

He rattled his knuckles against the door, a hidden portal in his room, and it lurched open. He peered through. Before he stepped into the portal, he caught one last view of his home. He disappeared and found himself in a fairytale-like world.

It was early morning, and a frosty chill and sweet scent of morning dews filled the forest. Upon the forest floor lie gigantic trees of long ago. The drone of insects humming and buzzing filled the atmosphere. Sound of birds filled the air-chirping, tweeting and warbling. On a distance, there stood two creatures of his age, and they appeared before him in all their grandeur.

Raven, a fine young woman clothed in a maroon cape, is a master in the field of summoning. However, she may be a novice in the defence against the dark arts, but she knows all the possible spells and curses she can cast upon someone. Her feeble, innocent look deceives, for she has the heart and the mind for battle. Behind an angelic face lies a force to reckon with.

Laxus, on the other hand, is a human-unicorn hybrid. In a first glance, you'll perceive him as a woman because of his silky, long, pink hair and fluffy white fur-feminine enough for a male unicorn.

Theodore dashed forward towards his friends.

"Where have you been? What took you so long?" asked Raven, furrowing her brows.

"I apologize. I came from a shore near our home," Theodore answered while rubbing the back of his head. "Little did I know I killed the time by gazing the far-off horizon. Well, it doesn't really matter anyway," he continued shrugging his shoulder.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Laxus intervened, he could not help to be excited in their journey.

Thick morning dew covered the forest scenery. It gleamed brightly in the rising sun as the forestry awake to a new day. From the east, an owl traversing across the skies dropped a newspaper. Theodore swiftly seized it, and slit it open. On the headlines:

The Kingdom of Scheherezade declares that a Gladiator Fight will transpire on the 20th of July exactly a week from now—on the City of Titus. A stone found by the late Darius Mcfree named Casada enables one to bring someone back to life. Days before his death, he lost the stone but now it was found again. The kingdom vowed to its people that whoever wins the fight will possess Casada as its ultimate prize.

The newspaper burst into flames and curled into ashes while Raven and Laxus were left in awe and excitement.

"Any words, my dear friend." Laxus looked at his comrade's expression. A ringing silence fell for a few moments.