Chapter 3

As I got wheeled to class by Midoriya, with me carrying his stuff for him, my stomach began to churn.

As we were about to enter the classroom, a familiar mocking laugh came from right outside the next classroom.

"Well, well, well. Looks like Class A's star student is damaged!" Monoma laughed, cruelty glimmering in his eyes.

I looked down at my legs. My unfeeling, unmoving legs.

As much as I hate to admit it, but he was right. I was damaged. All because I wasn't watching my back during training.

"Shut up, Monoma!" Kendo whacked him on the back of his head. "Sorry about that. We're all wishing you the best, Todoroki, and hope that you recover soon!"

"Thanks," I said, giving her a small smile.

I didn't notice it at the time, but was told by Kaminari and Mineta, that she was blushing and that I was 'smooth with the ladies'.

"You ok? Monoma can be mentally traumatizing at times," Midoriya said, waving to Uraraka.

"Yea," I muttered, preparing for the day to come.

As the day dragged on, I became increasingly exhausted.

I was forced to sit out on combat training, and practice control on my fire by heating up a bucket of water, then freezing it, like at the training camp.

It was, as I have said, exhausting.

I clenched my teeth together as I forced myself to keep going, despite my energy hitting rock bottom.

It was never like this before the incident, so why was it now?

"Todoroki?"

I looked to see Aizawa~Sensei standing right by me.

"You're really pale, do you need to stop?"

"I'm fine," I said, gritting my teeth as I kept going.

"Todoroki. Stop."

"I said I'm fine."

"Todoroki, you're going to hurt yourself more." A new voice said, as I looked over to see Midoriya walking towards me wearing his 'Deku' costume.

"Fine." I sighed, leaning back in the wheelchair.

Midoriya handed me a water bottle, which I took gratefully.

As I drank, I could see my classmates observing me and whispering amongst themselves.

I ignored it, and the school day ran on.

Sooner, rather than later, the day ended. Midoriya wheeled me back to the dorms, where I requested that he bring me to my room so I could sleep.

He did, and as my head hit the pillow, I was already in a deep sleep.