050

We arrived to the place i wanted to show Steve. We got out of the car and walked. He stood in front of the house.

"Who's house is this?" He asked. I looked at him and took the keys out of my jacket pocket.

"When you left, I wanted to build us a house. It was a way of distracting me. Everyone in the gang helped and. This is our house Steve. Like we always dreamed of."

he stared at me and hugged me. Picking me up and spinning me around. He planted me down and dipped me into a kiss. we walked into the house. It was all set up. "We just need to move in our clothes and we can start living here." i said. He grabbed my hands and stood in front of me.

"Marry me. Right now" He said.

"What?" i said as i stared at him.

"I already have the ring. I have a tux from prom. We can stop by a store and buy you a white dress. I don't wanna wait anymore. I just want to marry you." He said.

I stared at him in shock.

"Okay" I whispered. "Let's get married" I said. He smiled and pulled me into a kiss.

...

"By the power vested in me by the court of Tulsa Oklahoma, i now pronounce you husband and wife." The judge said. Steve and I looked at eachother. he pulled me into a soft kiss. We pulled away and smiled. Taking our certificate and walking out.

"We should see Meredith." I said. he grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it. We drove to the hospital. we walked into the room and i grabbed the gift i had brought Meredith and the baby. i grabbed the coffee and the donut i had gotten Sodapop. "You Missy, shouldn't be drinking coffee while breastfeeding."

meredith smiled. "It's okay." she said. i smiled. The gang also walked in. Steve leaned against the counter with me leaning on him. he placed his hands on my stomach. I placed my hands on top of his. We laughed at a joke two said.

"Woah there Mrs. Randle, move that diamond a little more to the right and we're all going blind." Meredith said.

i stared at her confused until i realized she was talking about my ring.

"When's the wedding?" She asked.

"Actually, we already got married today." i said.

"It was out of impulse. We just went in and did it." Steve said.

"Well congratulations." She said. I smiled.

"Thank you." we both said. Steve kissed my neck.

"woah woah woah, not infront of the baby!" two-bit joked.

We all laughed. Eventually, it got dark so we all headed home.

"I say we get some clothes and take them to the new house. Spend our honey moon there. you know?' He said as he kissed me.

"That sounds good." I said. i walked into the house quickly and grabbed a pair of clothes. I rushed downstairs and outside and into the car. Steve drove to the new house and we walked in. Quickly running to the bedroom.

When we woke up I turned around and Steve wrapped his hand around me. Tracing circles on my shoulder blade with his finger. I placed my hand on his bare chest. Feeling as his chest raised and collapsed slowly with every breath he took, and every breath he exhaled. We stayed with eachother. Contemplating the silence in between us, enjoying eachothers presence. The doorbell rang. I stared up to him in confusion. It was only seven on a Sunday morning. I quickly put on my night gown and my robe, walking down the stairs. Steve was in the room putting his clothes on. I opened the door and saw a girl.

"Hello how can I help you?" I asked.

"Hi, I'm Marilyn." I heard Steve's footsteps behind me.

"I'm here to see Steve?" She asked I looked back to Steve in confusion. He looked out the door and his eyes went wide. Marilyn pulled Steve in for a hug.

"Oh baby, I'm so glad you're okay." She said.

"I'm sorry? Baby? Who are you?" I asked her slightly pulling her off Steve.

"I'm his girlfriend who are you?" She asked.

"Well. I'm his wife." I said showing her the ring on my finger. She stared at me and then at Steve.

"You told me you were done with her!" She said angrily.

"I told you I didn't want you because I was with her. I never left her Marilyn. How many times do Sodapop and I have to keep telling you that I'm not on the market?" He asked. She scoffed.

"So that night didn't mean anything to you?" She asked and left.

I slammed the door and walked into the room. Grabbing my clothes.

"Elena." Steve yelled running up the stairs.

"Girlfriend? What the hell happend out there Steve?" I asked him. He stared at me.

"Fine. Don't speak. But don't expect me to take your word with her." I said as I rushed into the bathroom and changed.

I got out and he stood up from the bed.

"Don't touch me. I'm going to the hospital to see Meredith and the baby. And don't you dare follow me. I can't even look at you right now."

"It was a mistake." He said grabbing my arm.

"So you did sleep with her?" I asked. "Out of everyone in the world, I would expect you to never hurt me."

He stared at the ground.

"Oh my god. I was crying. Dying because I didn't hear from you for weeks. I was completely broken. And you were fucking some nurse?" I cried.

"It was a mistake. Sodapop and I got drunk and he left much earlier than I did. One of our buddies was taking me to our dorm. But then this girl came up to me, and god she looked so much like you. She smelled like your perfume and in that moment I missed you so much. The alcohol got to my head. The next day I was in bed with her and I almost called her by your name. She just got her clothes and left."

"What? Am I supposed to feel better?" I said.

"I never talked to her. She kept on asking me out and I told her that I was with you but. You can even ask Sodapop. He won't lie." He said in defeat.

I simply stared at him and left.