Chapter 34

"Question" Ricky presses his lips to my ear and I snuggle into him further as his breath tickles my  skin. "Yeah?" I ask quietly. "What are you doing for the holidays?" He asks and I glance up at him, tugging on the blanket covering my body. "Just going home to my moms in Salt Lake. I think EJ's family might be joining us too, at least for Christmas Eve." I tell him and he nods knowingly, staying quiet. "Why do you ask?" I mumble, reaching my hand up to brush a finger across his jaw. "I'm not going home to my dad this year." He says after a second, and I feel him shift under me a little. "Or my mom." His voice almost sounds uncomfortable. "So I don't know exactly what to do for the holidays and they're coming up fast. I don't want to go home to people who have been lying to me, I'm just not ready. And my mom... I can't deal with her." I draw circles against his cheek with my thumb as he talks. "But I don't want to be alone on Christmas." He concludes sadly and I push myself up so that our faces are right next to each other. "You won't be baby, how about you come home with me." His eyebrows furrow and he sits up a little. "No I-" I cut him off. "I'm not leaving you alone for the holidays. And my moms have to meet you eventually, you know..." I grin and lift his hand up. "Since we're engaged and all." Ricky grins at the thought and he presses his lips to the back of my hand. "And Christmas in Salt Lake is magical. My moms have said it's already snowed there so we can go for walks and go ice skating together, and you already know EJ so Christmas Eve will be amazing." Ricky tightens his grip on my body. "This sounds incredible princess. I'm just... what if..." I give him a confused expression and he sighs. "I screwed up when we first met, and I know I had stood by and let some people call your family all sorts of horrible-" I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head, cutting Ricky off. "We're over that Ricky, and even though I haven't told my moms that we're dating, let alone engaged, they've always trusted and accepted my decisions, and this shouldn't be any different." He gives me a little nod, though he doesn't look convinced. "How much did you tell them about me?" I squeeze his hand tightly. "Not much, but the stuff I did tell them about didn't make much of an impact. I'm pretty sure at one point they were urging me to forgive you. So I think everything will be fine." Ricky looks a little more convinced and I lean up to kiss his cheek. "Don't worry, I'll put in a good word for you too. Don't worry moms, he's a NICE asshole." I say proudly and Ricky squints, a grin forming on his face. "Be sure to tell them that you're an idiot during the same call. That way they'll understand it a bit more." I playfully glare at him and Ricky pulls on my wrist to get me to climb onto his body. "Yeah and when I come back alone after a nice walk in the snow with you, I'll urge them not to look in any snowbanks for your missing body." I tell him and Ricky glares a little bit harder at me. "You wouldn't last an hour without me by your side princess." I roll my eyes but rest my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his torso. "I don't think I'd want to." I say in content. Ricky sighs and his arms come around me. After a few seconds he speaks again. "Thank you for inviting me home with you for the holidays princess." I nod and close my eyes. "You're always welcome baby. For the rest of our lives." 

------

Hey ya'll! These updates will be coming much faster, as I mentioned in the message on my message board. (Which I'll copy and paste below). I want ya'll to feel like this story went in a good direction and that you've gotten everything you've wanted to out of it. Happy Saturday! ❤️

Copied Message: 

Here with a little announcement for ya'll! Beginning on December 1, I'm going to take a little break from writing/posting. I've been doing it nonstop for about a year, and I definitely think the break is much needed. :) This time frame gives me the perfect amount of time to finish A Light and A Change of Plans (I promise I'll update every chance that I get this month to give you as much to read as possible). It's been suggested to me that I start a one shot book in order to update as frequently or as little as I'd like, so that's definitely something I'll entertain for ya'll. :) I'm so grateful for every one of you and wish you all super well. Xx ❤️