031

Finally, I am being discharged from the hospital. I could feel the excitement dancing in my body, but I was waiting on Mark to finish the discharge paper before I could leave the hospital. 

Mark stepped into the room and asked, "Are you ready?" Without saying a word, I gave Mark a bright smile and nodded my head. Mark approached me and offered me his arms. I linked arms with him, made our way out of the hospital, and found our way to the car. 

Mark parked outside of my house. Mark opened the passenger door for me and gradually helped me get out of the car. We made our way inside the house. 

"Home sweet home." I smiled. 

"Let's get your wounded change," Mark mentioned. 

"No, can we eat first?" I pouted and whined, trying to get Mark to change his mind. Mark grabbed me and pulled me before he forced me to sit on the couch. Mark grasped the first aid kit before removing my bloody and stained gauze on the right side of my abdomen. 

As he was cleaning my cut, I yelped and winced in pain. Mark placed the ointment on the wound while softly blowing on it before placing a new gauze. 

"All done." Mark smiled. "Now, we can eat." I immediately got up from the couch, dragging Mark to the kitchen. 

"What do you want to eat?" Mark asked. 

"Ramen," I said. 

Mark was cooking the ramen while I patiently waited for the food to be served. I could smell the spicy chili paste tingling up my nostrils as it fills the room with a delightful aroma of spices. 

Mark placed my bowl of soup in front of me and sat down at the kitchen table. 

"Thank you," I said and smiled at Mark. I picked up my noodles with my metal chopsticks and gentle blow on the noodles before placing them in my mouth. 

"Ah, this is delicious," I mumbled with the ramen in my mouth. Hospital food isn't the best food, and you will get sick of it easily. 

Mark and I finished eating our ramen. We just sat there at the kitchen table, allowing our stomach to have time to digest the noodles. Mark's phone vibrated against the table, and Mark checked his phone. 

In a short amount of time, Mark's behavior changed. It keeps bothering me. Is it too noticeable? His eyes that were full of happiness a while ago, were gone. His eyes were gloomy and pessimistic. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. Mark looked upset for a second, but that faded as he forced himself to smile. 

"In a week from now, I have to go to America and stay there for a year. It's for work, and I can't miss my flight this time," Mark mentioned. The optimistic tone and he used to have now completely vanished. Hearing those words made my heart break into pieces. His eyes locked to mine and never leaving me. 

Mark lured me into a hug. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I buried my face into the crook of his neck. I hated that he had to leave, but he had no choice. I hate the thought of me being separated from Mark. I hate that he is leaving in a week. Mark cupped my face and wiped my tears with his warm thumb. 

"I promise to come back to you, Jihye. I promise that I won't forget you, and I will make sure to contact you when I can." Mark promised. "Let's not worry about this now, and let's watch a movie." 

Mark and I went to the couch and turned on the TV. Mark held me in his arms as if I was a newborn baby. 

•Unedit