Chapter 15

I can tell that Bella is incredibly nervous when she straightens before me for a last inspection. She is absolutely stunning and I hate myself for being so dumb to actually think - even for a moment - that it's a good idea to go to the party. Because I really need to fuck her, right now, and I know that if I give in we won't even get out of our bedroom for the next hours.

Sometimes I really wonder why I've ever been proud of my self-restraint, too.

Normally Bella is all for understated make-up, but just like with our last scene, today she has put real effort into her appearance. Her hair is freshly washed and cascades down her shoulders in shining, brown curls, a few strands gathered at the back of her head to keep them clear off her face.

Her eyes look even more expressive than usual with the heavy dark makeup, and her lips shine with the softest of pink hues. That I notice all this is my effort to keep from staring at the rest of her body too much, I have to admit, but she did a great job that actually deserves to be admired -

I'm just not the right guy for that.

What's more distracting is what she's wearing, just what I told her to yesterday. The short-sleeved dark top is so sheer that I have no problems watching her nipples harden under my scrutiny, where her breasts are slightly supported by the corset stopping right underneath them. The bright cyan satin of the corset, set off by a patterns of golden leaves and swirls, covers her from there on down to the swell of her hips. Already her waist is tightly constrained by the garment and I can't wait to tighten the laces further once we are at Beth's, but I figure I'll leave her more breathing capacity for the car ride. The outfit is completed by a black wrap skirt that hits her mid-thigh when she's standing straight, but rides up to not even cover her ass when she bends down enough to put her palms onto the floor. I love how that leaves her pussy completely exposed, but I only slap her ass instead of grope her to make her straighten up again. She yelps loudly when my palm hits her butt where a few patches of skin are still red from yesterday.

"Beautiful," I murmur when she's facing me again, my words easing her visibly as she exhales slowly.

I get up and nod at the remaining garments I had her pick before - a long, flowing skirt to hide her legs down to her ankles, and a light sweater to cover her chest.

My own outfit needs a lot less work to be safe for the street as I don't really stick out with my black leather pants, gray shirt and dress shoes.

When she's done slipping on her sandals I pick up the pre-packed gym bag already waiting by the door, and we leave, Bella's fingers tightly wrapped around my own hand until she has to let go to climb into the passenger seat of the car.

I try to make light conversation but only get monosyllabic answers from her so I put on a CD instead and hope the music does a better job easing her tension a little. I'm still happy that before she gets out of the car again Bella suddenly leans over and kisses me hungrily, excitement winning over fear for a few moments.

"Try to relax a bit. Nothing bad's gonna happen, you know that. After all this party is under Beth's supervision, and she'd have my ass if I didn't take good care of you."

She nods, and I smile when she takes a few deep breaths.

"You know, I think I'll be really glad when you finally get to do what you wanna do to me, because the tension's killing me!"

I kiss her instead of an answer, much slower and gentle, making her melt into me and relax - until I reach up and pinch her nipple hard through the soft fabric of the sweater. Her yelp around my tongue makes my cock itch, and I pull away from Bella before we get stranded in the car.

"Come on, then, can't wait to get you out of all that loose fabric."

I catch her rolling her eyes at me when I turn my back on her, but I let it slide - for now. Weirdly enough she seems to calm down further as we walk down the street to our destination, just two people strolling around town on a cloudy Saturday mid-morning. Once inside the atrium of Beth's house I ring the bell next to the unassuming door down into the basement, knowing that today it will be locked to ensure privacy to anyone inside.

Bella self-consciously picks some invisible lint off her sweater, then jumps a little as the door opens, her hand squeezing mine for support. I'm not surprised to see Raven, Beth's somewhat obnoxious employee look us over, then quickly step aside to let us in.

"Master Edward, welcome," she chimes, beaming at me after a very quick glance at Bella.

I do my best to rein in the scowl that wants to take over my forehead, then hug Bella closer while I smile down at her. Even jumpy as she is I can tell she didn't miss Raven more or less ignoring her, and it clearly doesn't sit well with her.

"Hi, Raven, I think you've met my lovely fiancée Bella before?"

Instantly slipping out of her sub persona she has been letting roam free pretty much since yesterday evening Bella smiles brightly at the dark-haired woman in front of her, while her gaze is clearly challenging.

"Oh hi, Raven, so nice to see you here! I didn't expect Beth to actually invite her employees for the party, but I guess someone has to man the door to leave our wonderful hostess to her duties?"

Raven blinks, then stares at me as if to urge me into action, but I remain still with my suddenly much less fake smile on my face.