Chapter one ;; Lost in a beginning

God, why did I have to go to this school? I may be the ultimate "Lucky Student" I guess, but I never signed up for this. It's all my mom's fault. Oh, maybe I should introduce myself. I'm [Y/N] [L/N], ultimate reader. Yeah right. I'm not lucky at all. 

     I got taken away from all my old friends, and now I'm going to this super prestigious school with a bunch of ultimates. Heck, there's even the Ultimate Princess! I'm never going to fit in here. Not with the others. I brush my uniform off subconsciously and step closer to the school, my eyebrows knitting together. I'm a tad concerned for what my life is going to be like at this school. I'm not scared. Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself I'm not? Either way, there's no avoiding it now, especially since I'm facing it with my own eyes.

     Surveying it, it looks huge, right in the middle of tokyo. At least it's nice out today. The april sun shines on my skin as it glows softly, and I'm looking at the way the sunlight glints off the new, lime leaves. I'm looking at the students who file into the school, wearing bland, brown uniforms. Definitely not fit for ultimates. 

      Taking a deep breath, I finally work up the courage to head inside this Hope's Peak Academy. I see kids with fancy hair, fancy makeup, and sizes ranging from 3'5 to 6'6. I'm glad nobody's paying attention to me. After all, I don't really stand out in the slightest, not compared to all these people. 

      Finally, I reach my class. I'm not entirely sure what it's called, or who any of my classmates are, and I'm hoping I can tune most of it out. Except for the classmates part. There's some... very nice-looking people in my class. A brown-haired girl with big cleavage that I'm pretty scared to look at (She seems fierce), A very colorful-looking lady with some awesome makeup, a plain boy with white hair... the list goes on and on. I hear some sort of accented voice talking to one of the girls in the background-- it's a short, kinda chubby boy with a very perverted expression. Finally, before the teacher comes in, I get a glimpse of a petite, soft-looking girl, invested in her video games. She's kind of pretty, I guess.

       Finally the teacher comes in, blah blah blah, introductions, more blah blah blah. I figure out the names of my classmates, and connect the names to the people I saw earlier. Akane Owari. Ibuki Mioda. Teruteru Hanamura. Chiaki Nanami. I attempt to strike up conversation with the last girl, the one invested in her video games, but before I can get to her, a white-haired boy (Who I now recognize as Nagito Komaeda) walks up and starts to talk to her. They're having some sort of conversation about a nintenbo DS? Or something? I don't listen for very long and instead retreat back to my desk.

      Class is over at last. Lunch break is approaching and the dread of listening to the teacher blah-blah-blahing is passed for now.  I sit back down after having momentarily left to get some water, and open my lunch. My seat is next to the white haired boy, who seems a little bit insane, and will not stop being self deprecating to me. It's mildly annoying, but there's not much I can do, since asking to move the seating plan would be rude. I scan the room, thankfully managing not to make eye contact with anyone, and I eye everyone's lunch. I'm pretty hungry myself, but I really don't have a lot today. I'll definitely pack more tomorrow.

     The rest of the school day drones on rather slowly, and I am practically falling asleep the whole time. My arm is thoroughly doodled on, and my eyes have looked around the room so many times I might be dizzy by now if I did it one more time. At long last, the bliss of the bell comes, and I get up out of my seat, leaving the school hastily. 

     I linger just outside the school for a while, and think about how the day went. Nobody talked to me, except for good old annoying seat-partner guy. Nagito Komaeda, I think? Something like that. I can hardly remember anyone's name, except for Chiaki Nanami's. It has a pretty nice ring to it. I definitely don't fit in, but it wasn't really as bad as I thought it might be, even if it bored the living crap out of me. After all my lingering and thinking is done, I begin to walk back home, studying my shoes, and then I feel myself trip, and I feel fabric and something soft in front of me, and I realize, I just fell right on top of someone.

     Right on top of Chiaki Nanami.