𝟣𝟥 | 𝖬𝖠𝖪𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖯𝖫𝖠𝖭𝖲

"I THOUGHT YOU CAME OVER HERE TO SEE ME," Corinne speaks up

"I THOUGHT YOU CAME OVER HERE TO SEE ME," Corinne speaks up. "You doing homework." He tells her before going back to playing Peek-A-Boo with Jacobi.

"That you said you would help with." She pouts, holding up the Trigonometry textbook. "Fifteen minutes." He says making her roll her eyes.

Her mother was supposed to be babysitting her grandson but she ended up leaving, because her best friend's house got broken into and her friend was in another state so she was who the security company called.

"You want one?" He asks, looking up.

"One what?"

"A baby." He specifies.

"No. Do you?" She says. "Not right now." He mutters. "Why you don't want kids?" He asks. "Too scary." She mutters, continuing to use Socratic to check her work.

"The giving birth part?" She laughs shaking her head. "The being responsible for another human part." She says. "But that don't mean don't have them." He mutters.

"But...I'm black. My baby gone be black and I'm not sure if you noticed but they kill black people for being black around here. I'm not trying to be responsible and worry about somebody that's always gone be a target for being them." She tells him while doing the math for the next problem.

"That's not fair though," He says. "It's the truth though. I don't think it's fair to bring somebody into a world that set up for them to fail." She shrugs.

"Why don't you want kids right now?" She asks him.

"Too risky. Like I said people don't want smoke with you. They go for who they can get and a kid...my kid. That's just some I can't handle." He says. "But I think you could protect a kid or two." She whispers.

"Our kid?" He asks making her lookup. "I didn't say that." She tells him. "You sure? I could've sworn you said you think I could protect our kid." He teases, making her smile rolling eyes.

"Boy or a girl?" She asks.

"I want a daughter. I don't need nobody like me." He shakes his head. "You a lil difficult but I don't think I would mind another you." She says. "So all I gotta do is change your mind." He tells her. "I don't think so." She shakes her head.

She had been a part of the FTK movement for years.

"You do realize you never say no to me?" He asks. "You wanna make a deal?"

"You gone give me a daughter for my twenty-first birthday?" He smiles. "Why twenty-one?" She asks. "...But no. By the time I'm twenty-seven, I'll think about a baby." She says. "Think?" He asks. "We can have a baby." She never said no to him.

"I'm fine with that but I don't know why you think you think I'm not gone wife yo ass up by the time you twenty-seven." He says.

"Oh really?" She asks.