I didnt know PT could be so fun

Shay- 

I was just on time thanks to my now best friend forever for laying out a set of her clean work out clothes for me to borrow since she knew I didnt have any of my own yet. For some odd reason, we had to wear our belts to PT I had no idea but refrained from asking since I was supposed to know everything already. Perhaps it was to break them in like one would break in a pair of boots. From what I understood, everyone recieved a new set of belts and strapps when they graduated from whatever training was called here.

They were here. It looked like they were shooting the shit with Yeager and the short bald kid from yesteday... Yeager must be friends with them. Remorse filled me at the fact that they would soon betray all their supposed friends here. No if I had it my way, I'd kill them the second I had the chance. But Hange had said he had a plan for them and I had to trust him on that.

I looked around for a long minute and realised that the main man was late. Captain Levi was no where to be seen.  But Petra, Oulo, Eld and Gunther were all standing at what I guessed was the front of the group. I made my way to them but suddenly stopped when someone made a low whistle. I knew who it was immediatly withot even looking.

Reiner Braun grinned at me like I was a prised jewel and he wanted me.

"Who are you sweethart? I dont recognise you from the cadets?"

Yeager punched him in the arm hard, "Thats Shay you idiot!" Eren looked at me with a strange look, likely wondering why i'd changed my hair color but not caring enough to ask.

"Oh shit, sorry Shay. I thought you had  darker hair..."

"Thats because I was covered head to toe in mud, dip shit."

"That makes sense..."

I sniffed at him and turned back to Petra and the others when I ran dead into someone. And that beast inside me peaked open an eye.

"Oh... Sorry" she said as she grabbed me by the shoulders to keep me from falling over. She was tall as hell and lean with thin brown hair pulled back in a half assed ponytail. She gave me a look that said she wasnt sorry even as she said it.

"No harm done. Who are you anyway?"

She frowned at my to-the-point question but answered anyway after she'd stepped out of my space.

"Ymir."

"What no last name?"

Ymir glared at me, "Does it matter? Whats your last name?"

She had me on that bit. I pinched my lips shut and stared at her trying to make it seem as if I were peering into her soul. you know that creepy way of tellng someone with your eyes that you know all of their secrets.

The woman glared at me at first but then her expression shifted to one of nervous speculation. Realization that somehow this bitchy little blonde woman in front of her knew her secret. I glared at her for a moment longer before breaking the contact when I noticed Levi joining us in similar uniform as us except for the black shirt that looked like he'd either cut the sleeves off to have more mobility or, more of a long shot, cut them off so he could imitate his new favorite person who also often wore a black shirt without sleeves.

he didnt bother raising his voice to speak over the crowd when he started to speak. I joined the squad just as he said.

"Everyone had better start streaching because we're going for a nice long run this morning."

Only a few people heard and started to streach their legs. I took my time putting my hair up in a ponytail as the group started to quiet down as more people noticed the others streaching at Levi's behest.

"You arent going to streach Shay?"

I look at Petra who's sitting on the ground leaning farward and pulling her toes toward her in a calf stretch. All Levi is doing is leaning from hip to hip in a move that looks completely alien to him and even makes him look like  he's about to walk a fashion runway in nothing but his 3dm gear. My face heats up at the thought that Id pay to see that. I turn my attention back to Petra who has switched legs by now.

"No, even if I streach I'll still end up outrunning all of you. You wouldnt want that would you?"

"Care to race then?" Levi said casually. This captures everyone's attention it seems as any slight murmers hault at Levi's words.

I take a half second to comprise my responce so that I can keep everything as professional and friendly as possible so not to have a repeat of the tea party the other day.

"What will I get when I win, Captain? You do remember That I won the last bet?"

"I guess I'll let you pick the prize if you win. But you won't."

I feel a wiked grin contort my lips. But its all an act. I know for a fact I'm not going to win this race. Not with them here and watching me. They could connect the dots at any moment and I'm not about to make it easier on them. That being said, I'm not going to blatantly let Levi win. I'm going to give him a run for his money and he knows it. I lean on a hip and glance around at the group before looking back to the captain.

"Im ready when you are Captain."

Levi throws an, I'm amused but still Captain Levi, expression my way.

"Well do it after regular PT. You can handle that right?"

"Of course Captain, lead the way."

"Petra and Oulo, you're the rear guard, keep the slower ones from falling out."

"Right!" Petra says and the two head to the back of the group.

"Lets get this shit over with Ive got several hours of staring at a wall to catch up on."

This was going to be fun.