(7) I Am Left, Standing On The Edge

Eurie: Hi, welcome back. I think breaks will be relatively frequent whenever school or life gets to hectic because I like to be two or three chapter ahead of what I'm posting or I get stressed. I'll try my best to keep you all informed in this book. But be sure to follow me on wattpad as I frequently post updates and will let you all know what's happening first there.
With everything going on for us Americans, I think putting this out for you guys would be nice as a distraction from the bs going on. Just know, if you ever need to talk, I'm here. Don't forget to take breaks throughout the day as you need and drink water!

now playing:
"outer space/carry on"
5 seconds of summer

Jonah surged forwards, despite Daniel's warning him to be careful. He grabbed Corbyn's shoulder and made himself the only thing in the blonde's direct line of sight in hopes to snap Corbyn out of whatever red trance he was trapped in. Only after the touch could Jonah feel how badly the powered boy was trembling. His muscles were stressing from the amount of energy being admitted from his body.

"Stop! You don't want to do this, Corbyn." The blonde seemed to freeze, implying that a part of him did, in fact, acknowledge Jonah's voice. It felt like Corbyn was looking right through Jonah with the pair of scarlet eyes. "Do you hear me?" he had to ask because, quite frankly, Jonah really didn't know if anything he said was being fully registered.

"They killed my parents," Corbyn said with more anger than Jonah had ever heard in the boy's voice. He threw his hand out to the side and clenched, as if he was reaching to grab something. There was nothing. But Jonah knew better. He was reaching for a new projectile and in order to prevent a homicide, Jonah latched onto the boy's wrist and wouldn't let him throw whatever he intended to be pelted.

"Corbs, no!" Jonah commanded once more,using a nickname in hopes to connect, fighting against the blonde trying to free his wrist. There were shouts for Jonah to be careful from his bandmates watching a short distance away, all debating whether they'd make things worse if they joined him in the frontlines. Jonah wasn't scared, though. He knew Corbyn wouldn't hurt him. "He might have, he might not have. He's an asshole part of a shitty organization and I would love to see anyone wearing that badge rotting in hell. But if you kill him, you will lose a part of you and right now, Ashley needs all of you."

"Ashley..." Corbyn mumbled under his breath. That seemed to be the magic word that freed the boy from his rage induced state. A look of confusion danced across his face as his red grip faded and every item once in its clutches fell to the ground, his eyes returning to their natural emerald color. He frantically looked around and just from knowing the boy, Jonah knew what was being searched for was any signs of injury brought on by his fit.

"She needs you, Bean." Jonah watched Corbyn slowly ease up a bit. But he was still disoriented, his eyes struggling to focus on the blurry figure in front of him and he was definitely watching with a bit of caution. He roughly flinched back when Jonah attempted to put a hand on him and Jonah threw his hands up to show he isn't a threat. "It's just me. It's Jonah- shit. Your nose- it's bleeding, again."

Corbyn reached up to feel and sure enough, his fingers came back lightly dressed with blood. When did that happen? "Wha-?" His eyes grew heavy from the overwhelming effects of excessive agitation of the brain, of which he didn't fully remember. He felt too out of it to string together enough words to complete the question. Maybe he was just too tired to comprehend what had happened.

"Corbyn? Did you hear me?" Had Jonah been talking to him? He must have spaced, which is not good given they didn't seem to have a sparing amount of time to procrastinate. He looked back at Jonah once more, waiting for the phrase to be repeated after shaking his head so the older boy knew Corbyn hadn't gotten a word he said. "Come on. Are you okay to run?"