Start Line...Pt 1

~Previously ~

"This isn't exactly how I imagined it."

"C'mon. there's no time. You'll be late for the exam." 

"Eat. Eat. Eat!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku pants as he stops right at the entrance of UA high.

"Made it just in time." 

"I was so worried about missing the exam that I didn't have a chance to test out my new power."  

A nauseated look flashes over his face as he thinks back to what transpired earlier as he covers his mouth.

  "I may have swallowed the hair, but I don't feel like anything great has happened to me yet." 

"Stupid, Deku." A familiar voice cuts through Izuku's thoughts as he turns around. Behind him he saw Bakugou walking up.

"Kacchan!" He greets nervously.

"Get out of my way, now, before I set you on fire." Bakugou states, making Izuku flail about nervously.

"Oh hey. G'mornin. Um, lets just both do our best out there, okay? Good Luck!" He stammers out as Bakugou walks past him, ignoring his ramblings.

Watching as Bakugou walks away, Izuku noticed a couple of teens a few feet away talking to each other about Bakugou and what happened with the sludge villain.

Thinking back to how Bakugou has been acting, Izuku realizes that Bakugou has been taking it easy on him since the villain attack.

Izuku thinks back to when he came home that day; how worried his mother was not just for him...but also for Bakugou. 

*Few months ago

"Izuku I was so scared...I don't know what you were thinking, you could have gotten seriously hurt." (y/n) scolded him, making Izuku look down in guilt.

Sighing at her son, (y/n) shook her head and placed her hand on his shoulder "Nevertheless.." Izuku snapped his head up at her words "You did what any great hero would have and I couldn't be more proud of you."  letting the smile that is on her face fall into a frown (y/n) sighed again.

"With that being said...I just can't help but worry about Bakugou."

 Her son looked at her with confusion. In Izuku's mind, Bakugou was the strongest person he knew, nothing bothered him unless it had something to do with something getting in his way of being the number one hero. So, to him, Izuku couldn't understand his mother's concern. 

"What do you mean?"

(y/n) looked at him astonished "Bakugou may be strong darling but...that was a severely dangerous situation and I'm worried about the impact it had on him."

"I think I'll give the Bakugou's a call later so I can check up on him. I just hope he's okay" (y/n) looked off in thought as she picked at her nails...a nervous habit of her's.

*Now*

Shaking the memories away. Izuku grips his bags' straps in determination remembering all his hard work to get where was now. "Thanks to All Might, I'm actually going to be a hero."