unwanted conversations- lance mcclain

lance beamed as he flopped backwards onto his bed. "she's just so amazing!" he exclaimed. during the last mission, the paladins discovered a very distressed alien, who's name was zilan. she had become all lance would talk about, and to be honest, (y/n) could care less about her. during training, missions, free time, absolutely whenever, lance would be talking about zilan. (y/n) even heard him talking about her in his sleep.

"mhm..." (y/n) replied, clearly disinterested. his expression faltered.

"are you listening to me?" he asked. (y/n) sighed and stood up.

"no, lance. not really."

lance smirked. "it is because you're jealous?" he joked.

she rolled her eyes and scoffed. "of lilaz? hell no."

with that, she walked out of the room. lance questioned if she was telling the truth or not.

"if we ever go to earth, do you think i should introduce lilaz to my parents? they might be weirded out by talking to an alien, but they'll like her, i'm sure.

(y/n)'s patience with lance absolutely crumbled. "i don't care. we'll probably never go to earth anyways."

lance was stunned at (y/n)'s answer. that had been a doubt in all of the paladin's minds for months, but none of them acknowledged it.

"(y/n), i didn't mean to-"

(y/n) waved him off, getting up to go to her room. "it doesn't matter."