Part 7

The look of fear and desperation in my husbands eyes tore me apart but he knew he had to be strong not only for me but for our kids. 

How did such a perfect day turn into this. A day where my life may end and I may never see my babies again. My heart broke as Niva and Noah hugged me. I made sure I didn't let a year slip before my eyes because I too needed to be strong for them.

"Noah, Niva. I want youse to look after baby ok. And listen to daddy always. Know that mummy loves you both so much and she will try so hard to come back to you." 

"Mummy you going to have baby now in your tummy?"

My baby Niva..

"Yes baby." 

Although I felt so weak I made sure I hugged them both so tight. Praying to God to keep them strong. 

"Noah what's wrong hunny"

"Mummy please don't go. Let's go home ok. Please mum"

Tears ran down his face and as much as I tried to hold in my tears I couldn't. My son was so strong and had been through so much. He was a tough little boy and with all my heart I wanted to promise I'd be back. But I couldn't lie. I didn't know what the future would hold. 

"I love you son. So much. Mummy will try her best. But I need you to be strong and look after Niva for me ok."

"Yes mummy."

Nathaniel approached my bed. His eyes all puffy from crying. He really felt defeated and the look on his face showed sadness. 

"Hun"

"Please baby. Please. Don't make me choose."

"Baby you don't have to choose. I have told you want I want. I just need you to stick to my decision ok." 

"I love you so much. My wife. Baby. Please come back to me"

He grabbed my hand and fiddled with my ring. Before long his sobs were uncontrollable. Niva and Noah surrounded him

"It's ok dad. Gods got this"

My heart skipped a beat when Noah said that. Such a smart boy. Nathaniel lifted Niva to his lap and Niva wiped her fathers tears away. 

I looked at Nathaniel and smiled.

"Baby thank you for today. Thank you for making me the happiest woman alive and for finally making me your wife. Know no matter what happens you will always have my heart. Look after our babies ok. I love you" 

Just then Dr Jason walked in. 

"Hi Shaye. Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." 

"Ok. Nathaniel I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave while we prep Shaye for surgery." 

"Please doctor. Do you best"

"I always do."

Nathaniel kissed me so passionately I almost wanted to get up and leave with him. He whispered in my ear. 'Come back to me and bring my baby with you'

I hugged my kids and kissed them goodbye.

They walked out of the room and as they did I was determined to come out of this surgery with my baby in hand. I needed to do this for my kids ..