27

"Alec? Alec, can you hear me?"

By hearing The Doctors' voice, Alecs eyes immediately shot open. His head was buzzing like a swarm of angry bees, ready to sting. The pain in his chest was gone once again, not knowing when it would come back. All he had ever wanted was a little peace. Peace from all those stuff happened in the last few weeks, peace from his rattling mind. 

Peace from basically everything. 

Tears started to fill his eyes as the Timelord helped him getting back on his feet. Alec settled down in the chair next to the console, burying his face in his arms. If only he could vanish...if only he knew the truth about his nightmares, these visions the fobwatch had showed him. That couldn't be it. It seemed to him The Doctor, this brave man, whose story had been spread across the galaxy, was hiding something from him. Something he was afraid to tell. Something even bigger than he had ever witnessed. 

It was driving him crazy. 

"Are you okay, Alec?", the Timelord whispered, crossing his arms. He sounded worried...and maybe a bit scared. As if he knew something about the DI, something making him uncomfortable. 

But what? 

Heck, he couldn't do this anymore. 

Wiping his eyes, Alec stood up. There were no excuses. No hiding. No secrets. He just had to know, he had to work out something. Otherwise, he didn't know what would happen instead. 

Taking a deep breath, the DI snapped: 

"The watch Rose has given me...it wasn't supposed to show me the Time War, was it? It wasn't supposed to show me the Daleks or ANYTHING ever happened in YOUR bloody life...it wasn't supposed to show me anything but this. I've always wanted to escape, to be someone - if only I wouldn't have those attacks. My heart was damaged a long time ago and I can't even remember why - my parents were killed and I...I just can't remember...it's making me sick, Doctor!" 

His shoulders were trembling, he was just about to cry again. It was all too hard for him, too heavy. Too bad to be carried on his back all those years. He needed someone. Someone who understood him. Someone like...

Her. 

Putting a hand over his, The Doctor sighed. Then, he reached in his suit pocket, pulling out an identical watch Rose had handed to Alec. Even the circular carvings were the same. Silence fell between them and the DI was overwhelmed with surprise. All anger he had felt before was gone, now replaced with regret that he had acted so bad in front of him. 

"These are not my memories you've seen!", the Timelord said, stroking the watch in his hands. 

"It's yours. You've lived a long long life, Alec...longer than I ever have! You've witnessed things every other would describe as "odd" or "peculiar". I am pretty sure you've heard these words before - you were reborn multiple times, no wonder why you can't remember...that's what Timelords do, Alec. That's what we do, we regenerate. Remember those golden light all around you in your dreams? It's another life, Alec. When we die, we get reborn in a new body with a new face and new personality. But you've always stayed the same, Alec...because you're not an average Timelord!" 

He paused. 

"That's what I call a meta-crisis, Alec...you're part human!"

I HAVE A LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE: IT'S NOT EASY FOR ME, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY ACCOUNT, SO I'LL MOVE TO AO3. I'M TAKING THIS AND MY OTHER WORKS WITH ME, SO YOU STILL CAN ENJOY READING AND LEAVE YOUR WONDERFUL COMMENTS BEHIND. SEE YOU SOON!!!

YOURS SINCERELY,
newyork79