→ quatre | découvrir

𝚍𝚎́𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚟𝚛𝚒𝚛

𝚍𝚎́𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚟𝚛𝚒𝚛.
verb. discover, find, see, uncover.

 discover, find, see, uncover

ACE AUXIER LOVED KAEDE AIGUO. Really. He did. It's just...he didn't really know what the boy would've done with his life if it weren't for their band. In his defense, though, neither did Kaede. Which is why Ace felt so stupid not to go for the simplest and most obvious answer; becoming a music producer. He'd done the preparations for it, he'd become a musician, he'd made music - now, Ace did not think Kaede would have ever gotten himself a Bachelor's Degree. But, that didn't mean he was any less proud when he saw his friend at his graduation.

Ideally, Kaede lived his life out in Los Angeles so Ace could watch over him while he was stuck in the city - but, of course, nothing ever goes his way and his best friend moved out of the town for his paid internship at some kind of record label. He never moved back to L.A., either. It took Ace an exact hour to find Kaede's new residence in Riverside. He had to break into a closed library and start the computer and do some major stalking, but, he found it. Besides, he was dead - how much breaking in and stalking was it, really?

The upside to Riverside at the moment, was that there were no thunderstorms, no distractions, just a quiet night sky - and the giant mansion in front of him. Ace blinked in shock at the estate, pulling his hand out of his pocket to see if the address he'd scribbled on his palm matched the one in front of him. It did. He'd never been so confused. Sure, he read about Kaede making it big, and becoming one of the most influential producers behind the scenes - but giant-mansion-big? Ace didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

There was a light on at the upper right side of the house, and he had to withhold a chuckle at the sight. Of course, Kaede was still awake. He'd always been an insomniac. At least that hadn't changed, at least he still knew that about his best friend. Ace took a deep breath to steady himself, bracing for another shock or two. Who knows, maybe Kaede is married and has kids, too. Ace just knew that he had to be prepared. He wasn't with Archer and Jordan and he really didn't want to have that crushing feeling dropping in out of nowhere, again.