Origin. Clown Motel.

The clown motel is a haunted motel in Tonopah Nevada that is placed a stones throw away from an old miners Cemetary, Built in 1901 and closed a mere 10 years later, filled to capacity, Old Tonopah Cemetery is home to 300 corpses, many of whom were among the first residents in the town. Spooky amarite?

It was named "America's Scariest Motel" due to its clown theme and proximity to the Old Tonopah Cemetery. Many people are terrified of the Clown Motel. Some of the murals in the rooms are sure to give guests nightmares.

"I dont want to go there again! A person with a red nose swooned above me!!!"

The rooms at Clown Motel are dirt cheap ― less than $50 a night ― but the real price you'll pay comes when you check into your room and see a clown doll looming over you.

The famous cemetery next door to The Clown Motel was founded in 1901 but was closed just 10 years later.

Origin.

Among those buried buried are victims of the 1905 "Tonopah Plague" as well as the 1911 Belmont Mine Fire and Sheriff Thomas Logan who was shot while trying to save others in a local brothel. Among others there's also George 'Devil' Davis, the first African American man in Tonopah. He was murdered by his wife who shot him in the back, although served a prison sentence of only one year due to the extensive abuse he'd inflicted upon her.

Also among the graves is Bina Verrault of New York who made national headlines after her and a friend made a pact to become wealthy widows and collected clothes & jewelry to today's value of over $2.5 million from men they'd seduced. Bina went on the run and ended up in Tonopah where she died of alcoholism.

Clarence David's children Leona & Leroy opened a Motel next to the Cemetery where their beloved father was buried. They displayed all 150 of their father's clown collection. It was an instant hit.

Nice.

In 1995 Bob and Deborah Perchetti bought The Clown Motel. A mild-mannered and benevolent gentleman, Bob's dedication and passion to him hometown shone through to all the guests who passed through the Motel and took the time to mention what a great host he was when leaving their reviews.

Besides dedicating over two decades to looking after guests at the Clown Motel, he was Convention Center Director in Tonopah, created the 'Jim Butler Day' celebrations and was the first Rural Commissioner for the Nevada Division of Tourism.

Oh so you rich rich? Not spooky? I'll stop talking. Go to Nevada and stay in the Motel.

Zak Bagans brought his crew to The Clown Motel to film an episode of 'Ghost Adventures'. Scenes include a visual sighting of a dark silhouette, a voice heard saying "Hello, it turned on" when using a voice spirit box and most famously - the hand of the large clown is caught on camera moving off it's leg entirely of it's own accord.

It was after the episode aired that Bob Perchetti said things really started to take off, with people from all over the world donating their clowns and booking their stay to see the spooky Motel for themselves.

Joseph Kelly directs a Film Short. Stranded in the middle of nowhere, a group of young people seek refuge at The Clown Motel but they unwittingly unleash an evil clown spirit.

After more than 20 years of lovingly looking after the Clown Motel, Bob Perchetti decides it's time to retire and enjoy some free time with is wife, 5 daughters, 3 sons and 14 grandchildren. The Clown Motel goes up for sale with an asking price of $900,000 and the strict condition that the new owners must keep the Motel running and look after the clown collection.

Joseph Kelly returns to direct his second film.

"A group of Ghost Hunters encounter a group of Las Vegas partygoers at The Clown Motel where the ghosts of clowns turn everyone's stay into a violent nightmare".

Its a fault you released a full on spirit.

The motel was purchased in 2019 by the Mehar family from Las Vegas who are experienced hoteliers with a wealth of experience from around the globe. They are both dedicated and passionate about preserving the iconic Clown Motel and growing the world-famous clown collection.

Since taking over the property, they have invested a lot of time and effort into improving the facilities and renovating the rooms. The family have many plans for the bright future of The Clown Motel to honour its legacy so it may be preserved for generations to come.

What's in it for 2020?~